Damn, amp got stolen, After 3 days.

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
man, what is wrong with people in this world. I mean it, I will have to start shooting bast*rds that dont respect other people stuff or are jelous. I had a hifonics brutus bx1500d that I paid $270 for it. It was pushing two Eclipse Ti 12" . Now I have no amp. Screw it, gotta cut my losses and move on. I was wondering, what are some amps that I can get. I was looking maybe for a 2000watt rms amp that could push 2000 @ 1 ohm stable. My eclipses are rated 750 rms and 1500 max. I guess 1000watts to each sub would be nice. PLease let me know what you guys think. I was eyeballing an Brutus 2005d since I loved the brutus 1500d. What do you guys think

name
Unregistered guest
I have a brutus 1500d pushing a 12w7 and it died yesterday. AT least I cant figure out what is wrong with it. It does not power on anymore. So its almost like getting stolen since I cant use it. I feel your pain.

Bronze Member
Username: Lotus

Omaha, Nebraska

Post Number: 35
check all your fuses?

name
Unregistered guest
The power light on the amp is not lit and the word hifonics that normally lights up was not lit. Nothing was touched, like wires or anything. I checked the 2 fuses on the amp and the fuse that runs thru the power cable to the battery and they were fine. All the wires are tightly connected. I have had this amp for less than a year and I didnt have the volume up very loud at all before it happened. Is it done for or is there any way to save it. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
I know this might sound redundant, but check your ground. Try different places maybe. anyways, Anyone has any ideas about an amp thats worth the money and that it pushes 2000watts

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2885
If you want to pi$$ off the theif, then get Orion HCCA 2100 amp. Way better amp than the one you lost.
Orion XTR or SX will do just as good.
If they find out you own one of those models, I'm sure they'll be back to steal your whole car this time.
I think car thieves are s.c.u.m bags. I rank them amongst rapiest/woman beaters.

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 237
Ex-CON i got a New US AMPS 2000x that pushes 1000rms x2 @2ohm and 2000rms x1 @4ohm. Its a high end amp so the $270 price range is out of the question. Your looking at about $800-850 shipped.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2890
Ex-Con, TraGedy's amp is one of the best. If you can afford it, then give it a try.
Arc Audio/Zapco/JL sells amps similar to that but costs over $1200.

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 238
ilu Issac.

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
Damn, sound like a bas a$$ amp, but I really only have about $400 to blow. My tuition is raping me. 7 grand every 15 weeks.

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
But do you guys think it is worth paying $350 for a Brutus BX2005D . That amp will push 2000watts x1 @ 1 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 129
I say go to http://www.cbrstereo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1023. Amps is 2200 watts rms at one ohm. Hifonics BX2200! 350 $ also.

Bronze Member
Username: Mhamilton1

Ny Us

Post Number: 13
audiobahn a2300hct killer amp. sont listen to the ab bullshit. there higher end models rock. this is in your price range

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3425
go with the hifonics over the audiobahns

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 137
Audiobahn actually isnt all that its cracked up to be. Had 4 audio bahn subs and 3 amps. Shitty. Hifonics is better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2895
I wouldn't be so eager to put down Audiobahn's HCT model. I've personally used and tested it. Very good amp. The bass is very powerful too. Most of the time, I only had it half way cause it would shake the car too much.
It does use up lot of power for it.
If it were between Hifonics and Audiobahn's HCT amps, I'd lean towards the HCT.
Have you looked at JBL amps? It might be in your price range.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 120
Did you install the amp yourself? If you had it installed at a shop they may have stolen it (especially if you gave them your address). I'm kinda curious why they didn't steal your subs too?

AudioFreq
Unregistered guest
Name..
open it up!!!

It may just be the input Diode(s) if it went south. (7$ part)

http://www.allexperts.com/displayexpert.asp?Expert=62518

Bronze Member
Username: Lotus

Omaha, Nebraska

Post Number: 37
"Did you install the amp yourself? If you had it installed at a shop they may have stolen it (especially if you gave them your address). I'm kinda curious why they didn't steal your subs too?"

yeah I was wondering the same thing

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
It is actually my fault it got stolen. I had just finished installing everything myself, and you all know how you all feel for the first time when everything is bumpin. It just brought tears to my eyes. I had my rear seat folded and the amp was sitting on that back seat because I didnt have time to hide the amp, I was comming back from a party, wich I had to go through a bad neihborhooh, I was low on gas so decided to fill up. I left my windows open cause I was only gonna go in for a minute, some crack head took it, I mean just ripped off the wiring to the amp. I came out of the gas station, some dude told me that someone is running away with your radio, I looked at my radio and it was there, I look at the amp and no amp. I started chasing the guy with my car and called the cops. I lost the guy cause he ran between buildings and I didnt want to leave my car and run on foot after him. I hooked up with the cop he told me to park my car and get in. After 5 minutes, I saw the guy and the cop pulled over next to him and told him to come by the window. The guy started running, the cop only ran for like 2 meters and stoped, called it in and that it. He told me he didnt want to leave me in his squad car alone and his squad car running. I was WTF, you could have caught the guy, now no amp, just a police report.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2904
Ha ha, what a joke. Man and you wonder why there are so many criminals! If you had that on film, I bet the cop gets suspended for being lazy.

Bronze Member
Username: Volfenhag1200

Post Number: 32
ya i freakin hate ppl that steal sht one of my friends had an audiobauhn amp pushin 2 15" kickers that hit pretty damn hard and it got stolen about a week ago. but the good thing is he had insurance on it and is gettin $800 to get a complete new system. he is gettin the same amp and the new model of the L5's i think it will be a nice setup.

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 165
You know how i stop people from stealing stuff. I get my mig welder and put a tac weld on all screws. So no screwdriver can take the screw out. (i got a special way to remove the screws once i need to. Noone could steal my system unless they have a ton of time. and with a 160db car alarm. Yea they wont have alot of time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us