JBL px300.4 vs. Hifonics tx8805 ?? help me choose!

Bronze Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 84
Ok here's the deal. I wanted to get the jbl amp as I have heard that its better then the hifonics but if i do get it then i cant get the pioneer premier deh8600mp since it has 6.4 volt preouts and the jbl only accepts up to a5.9volt I think. The hifonics can handle the high preout. If i want the jbl amp then i will get the regular pioneer deh-8600 since it only has 4 volt preouts or I will get the jbl and the new panasonic 8901 HU with the HD tuner since it too has 4 volt preouts. I have always been a panny fan but I have finally found a different brand's Hu that i am willing and eager to try out. I listen to a 50/50 mix of cd's and radio.Also does the jbl amp have a bandpass option so it will only play frequencies between 200-300hz to about 3.5-5khz so i can use the rears for fill only? So which way would all of you go? The better HU or the better AMP? Thanks ,

Silver Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 133
I dont like jbl too much. I got a jbl sub for free. And since it was jbl i didnt want it. Instead of selling it i decided to have a lil fun. I hooked it to a zapco 1500 reference and man. Not even a full drop and boom. Lol entertainment is awsome for free. what im trying to say in the end the pioneer deck (ove had 2 that have caught fire in my dash from over heating in the summer) and jbl are not the best companies to deal with. Hifonice is a better choice for amp and alpine a better choice for decks.

Bronze Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 89
hmm, thanks for the input .....anyone else please??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us