Hey NIck!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2934
dude I finally got pic's of the new install check it out! http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/803384/3

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2422
Your newest install is pretty sweet. All clean and professional lookin'. Good job you lucky old b@stard.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2935
page 3 is the new SH!T!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2423
When I eventually get something, me and a friend are gonna try making the whole trunk custom. We're thinking about f@rting around with fiberglass, but the whole trunk wouldn't be, just some corners and a false floor coated in it. I'm afraid to try it though, lol.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2937
yeah man fiberglass is messy annoying stuff. I would get someone who atleast has done some fiberglass work before to help yopu out or just read up on it really really well. It takes a long time and patience to have it come out nice, sanding it down $ucks balls especially when it gets all on your face and SH!T.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2424
Well, my friend's dad restores cars on the side, and he's done fiberglass work on their 3 Corvettes, so he'll probably help.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2940
NICE

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2941
yo man if you dont get into Ascendant audio before they sell out I ordered a few extra subs that after I test out I will be able to part with if you are interested!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2426
I was wondering what you were gonna do with those extras......

Subfanatic said he was thinking about trying an Avalanche and then selling it to me, but I doubt he will.

Any chance you got an extra Avalanche 15"? If not I think I'm gonna order a Sound Splinter RL-P 15".

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2946
well this is the deal man, I have my avalanche 15 that I am running now, I ordered 2 extra 15'sfor my brother in-law and one for Hunter's punk a$$, I also got an Atlas 15 which I recieved yesterday, and I am also waiting for an avalanche 12. I am going to build a ported enclosure for the avalanche 12 and depending on how that is I am gonna keep either the 15 or the 12 so whichever one I dont keep you can have the other and I will have a box built for bot also so it is up to you if you want an enclosure with it.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2428
Well, I'd rather have a 15 so I can squeeze out the most spl I can, so if you keep your 12 I'd take it, if not, no big deal. If I did buy something, I probably would build my own box. The sipping would probably cost more than materials would if I did it my self. I'm not super worried about the Avalanche any more I guess. I've always wanted to try SoundSplinter stuff, and I'd still like to try an ID Max as well.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2949
good call I am waiting for the IDmax 15:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2431
No kidding. I woulda bought one already if they had them.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2951
me too

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2433
Did Hunter ever fix his Brahma?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2953
he said he doesnt want to deal wiht them because he called up and soe guy was an A$$hole to him or something like that.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2434
Dang, lol. So he's just gonna let the Brahma sit around?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2955
I guess! he wanted to buy my brahma from me.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2436
Haha. I wonder if he'll sell his really cheap.

Probably nothing even wrong with it. Gotta be that d@mn Hifonics amp, lol.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2956
thats what I was thinking. I told him he better rewire his system before he throw in his avalanche.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2438
Yeah, something definitely wasn't right. He said he'd turn it on and his Brahma would push out to full mechanical xmax.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2958
yeah, dude I just told him to talk to you to see if he wants to get rid of it

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2440
Where is he? How ya talkin to him?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2960
text message

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2444
Your phone? lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2963
yeah

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2966
hey Nick he wats to know how much you will give him for it?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1408
yo im here guys, well it needs to be reconed, im not sure of the price yet, not really a big deal, i just dont have the original crate and packing, so thats 25 bucks plus shipping for that and im not sure if the sub will be under warranty, bbut im not sure, i want to hold on to it but then im not sure, i think i will let it go but not too sure on the price throw me one out.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2445
You have any idea how much it costs to recone one?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2446
And what's the voice coil arrangement?

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 206
i wish I woulda bought 2 atlas or a avalanche 15 instead of my crappy alpines :-( Well, there not crappy, but oh well. I guess your first system is a learning experience.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1410
see thats the thing... we can try to get it under waranty ut i would have to talk to you in person to tell you more about that and it is d2

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2452
Well, D2 is what I'd need since I have the Orion HCCA 250. I'm sure it would sound fine with 800 -900 wrms, but if I had a brahma I'd rather run more. How come you don't get it reconed and keep it?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1413
see im thinkin about doin that after i get my 15 to be honest, it just pisses me off that i have almost nothing to listen to. the reasoon i havent is because i DONT have the original crate and you have to buy for 25 bucks which is kinda a rip off to me, and another reason i havent sent it off is because it would be gone for like a month. 800-900 would actually sound good to me especially from that amp, to be honeast i wasw thinkin about using my 225 hcca instead of my hifonics, i dont like that amp and im goin to sel it also. well im not too sure if i want to sell it yet, i guess it depends on if i like my ava 15. and it is hard to let go because its a brahma and an mk2 which isnt madeanymore. if i did send it in i wonder if it would be one of the first mk2.5s?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2454
Yeah, the crate sh!t is a rip-off.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1414
yeah. i thought you were gettin some id maxes?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1415
that f*cker james i just looked at his profile and personal quote.lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2455
Yeah, I read his quote a while ago.

I want to get an ID MAX, but I think I'm gonna go with a SoundSplinter RL-P 15" instead. Jonathan thinks since the RL-P is a 15" I'd probably be able to squeeze out a couple more db's than the ID MAX, and if I got the SS, I'd be able to buy it direct, with a warranty and stuff; Id max would come from ebay, and if it breaks, your screwed.

I guess I still don't positively have my mind made up. It's too hard a decision.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1416
ya we talked about that. i think it would be nice also to break away from the mold. im sick of seein people reccommend the same stuff over and over.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2456
Me too, it just gets worse everyday.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2457
So Hunter, how much would you honestly let the Brahma go for... and how much would you guess the recone would cost? I'm kinda interested.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1417
the recone is 99 bucks plus shipping there and back and the crate so about the 180 for that and im not sure how much i would let it go for, i think you could get a new one for the sme price, thats the problem, if i were to sell it to you for 200(which i think is a decent price) it would be like buying one brand new, so im not sure if it is worth it

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2458
Yeah, it's really not, lol. I doubt you'd ever get 200 for it since it needs a recone. I was gonna offer you 100 bucks, lol.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1418
actually you would be surprised, ive seen them go for 200 that need a recone
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us