Glass please help with HO alt info

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 79
I have kicker kx1200.1(rated 1430)running to L7's and a kicker kx350.2 running to infinity kappas. Im pushing about 1800watts RMS, I also have an alarm and a neon glow kit that says it pulls 8amps to run. Its in a 1997 ford probe and im thinking a 200amp alt would do the trick? should I go higher or is that about right

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2882
200A HO alternator will be fine with your setup. If you can get the largest that will fit in you car.
You can never have too much power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
well I would like someone who could make a custom one. I have tried alterstart and the guy replied and didnt leave any words in the reply I think hes retarded, I also tried mralternator, and excessiveamperage can only do a 180amp alt. should I keep trying for the 200 or just go for the 180amp custom alt for 270 bucks shipped?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2891
Before you go with 180A, try calling 4alterstart.com. Emailing sometimes is slow. They should be able to make 200A for your car.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
tried him and he replied that he has no 200 amp alts for my car, I tried http://www.lazartronics.com/store/catalog/index.htm/cPath/243 and he says it will fit in my car, he has universal brackets and stuff but I dont know if hes just a guy trying to make a sale or knows what hes talking about. think you could give the site a looky and tell me if it looks like ill be ok?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2900
Matthew, get the alternator that fits WITHOUT any brackets. It'll be much easier and who knows, sometimes these guys say anything to get sales.
If 180A is all you can find, then go for it. It's at least 2x more powerful than your stock.
One more thing, sometimes depending on how you ask the question, you might get different answer. For example, some will say they don't have 200A alternator, but if you asked them about sending your alternator, the will rewind it to 200A.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
ya, thats an idea but I use the car everyday cant spend all that time sending it out and waiting for it to come back. Ill just go with the 180amp alternator thanks Isaac

Gold Member

Post Number: 2907
I wasn't talking about taking it out of your working car. I meant getting a spare alternator for your car and then sending it for upgrade. Most places will charge you half or less if you supply the alternator.
A HO alternator that costs $300, probably $200 is the cost of alternator and the rest for upgrading.
Just a thought for the future.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us