Are China-made DVDs playable?

Unregistered guest
Hi,

I want to buy a DVD head unit to bring to china, where I live. Does anyone know if I will have any problem playing DVDs I buy in China in a unit which i bought in North America?

About 95% of DVDs sold in China are pirated, most of the others are from a different zone than North America.

thanks for any help!

no_slouch
Unregistered guest
oops...I wanted to mention that I am strongly considering either the Alpine IVA-D900 or Pioneer AVH-P7500 DVD head unit.

also want to add 2 questions:

2) Will Pioneer's TV tuner work in China? If I add TV tuner capability to the Alpine, will this work in China?

3) Will the GPS systems (built-in, or added on) work in China? are there chinese maps available?
All car GPS systems I've seen always mention North America and Western Europe only.

thanks,
Brandon

no_slouch
Unregistered guest
oops...I wanted to mention that I am strongly considering either the Alpine IVA-D900 or Pioneer AVH-P7500 DVD head unit.

also want to add 2 questions:

2) Will Pioneer's TV tuner work in China? If I add TV tuner capability to the Alpine, will this work in China?

3) Will the GPS systems (built-in, or added on) work in China? are there chinese maps available?
All car GPS systems I've seen always mention North America and Western Europe only.

thanks,
Brandon

Stephaniejva
Unregistered guest
I have DVDs made in China of Chinese tourist sites (the Yangtze River, etc.) They play on a computer DVD in the US, but not on a DVD player that is part of a TV. Any explanation or solution?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us