Jl audio w3v2 any1 recommend amp??? update

Username: Gunit23

Post Number: 2
Yea sorry about that they handle 300 continuos powers handeling and they are 4 ohms and dual voice coil(dont know if that matters) and i am a newbie but i heard of wireing both into one or booth speakers seperate? i have no idea whats better or the differance.. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 250
Ya the impedance that those can be wired to on a single channel is 1, 4, or 16 ohms. you will want the 1 or 4 ohm config. important.

If I were you I would go with the JL 500/1 and wire it to either the 1 or 4 ohm config. with this amp it makes no difference. Or get the Orion 600D and wire them to 1 ohm. Or you can find a good 2-channel amp that puts out 600 watts bridged and bridge the channels into a mono load at 4 ohms.

I would pick one of the fist 2 choices and there are lots of other amps that can get the job done just as good.

Bronze Member
Username: Vtecpower

Post Number: 18
DO NOT wire the 500/ to 1 Ohm, that would ake a difference if the amp fries - it is inly stable down to 1.5 Ohm

Try 4 Ohm with that

Or just get say a Diamond Audio D3 600.1 amp, that's a quality amp, and 600 RMS stable at 1 Ohm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us