Alpine 9835/9855 and iPod Control

Username: Pittsie

Post Number: 1
I'm looking to upgrade from a 9830 (2004 model) and will likely get either a 9835 or 9855. I have three major complaints about the deck that I'm hoping to somewhat alleviate.

1) Song title length. In iPod (changer) mode, my 9830 only displays the first 8 characters.

2) Brightness. The display is completely unreadable in sunlight.

3) Scrolling speed. Getting to the middle of my artist/album list is pretty tedious, and I only have 1300 songs on my iPod.

First, is the scrolling speed any better with the 9855's Glidetouch than using the volume turner in the 2004 models? Judging from the Alpine-Usa.com demo, I'm guessing it's not.

Second, does anyone know how many song title characters are displayed in Ipod mode on either deck? Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 119
Does the 9830 display only 8 characters when you listen to an MP3 cd also? I have 9831 and was going to get the iPod adapter, but will skip that if it only displays 8 characters also. In reading the manual it says it will only display 8 characters if you don't have the scrolling in "auto" mode...my MP3 discs display all the characters in the songs...let me know please.

Username: Pittsie

Post Number: 2
In iPod mode it does scroll through all of the characters. My main problem is that 8 characters is way too limited.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us