Finally got the Orion HCCA 225g4 / Isaac and James

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1115
I recieved it today in the mail. I will probably keep it for another project in the future or sell back for more since they are rare. Let me know if you guys have one.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2884
Congradulations. I wouldn't sell that amp for any reason. People pay $400+ for JL 500/1 amp. You know 225G4 will put out as much power as that, and it's high quality class AB.
I'm now trying to test out cb/10 meter/ham radio. I got one with 250w booster. Normally those suckers are 4w and go for 3-4miles. Now you can guess how far it'll go.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1116
Isaac give me some good subs i can run with this amplifier at 1ohm that whould work great.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2887
Just about any 2ohms DVC will work great thanks to the built in bandpass and Intelli Q crossover.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1117
Isaac give me some good subs i can run with this amplifier at 1ohm that whould work great.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1118
Well give me some actual subwoofers worth pushing with this amp is what i meant.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2889
The JL AUDIO 12W6V2 should work well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1119
The 12w6v2 is what i have now and im getting a slot ported box built for it from www.woodlawncabinetry.com and it will be 1.5 tuned to 32hz. I know its dual 4ohm Voice Coils so how can handle the 1 ohm load from the 225g4??

I know it can be wired into 2ohm and i can also run it off my brand new CrossFire VR1000D amp i just got today also with it at 500 x 1 @ 2ohm at 12.5 volts.

Which whould you suggest

Gold Member

Post Number: 2892
Why don't you use both 225G4 amps? It should give you at least 200w rms per voice coil.
What's great about G4 is, you can set them for master and slave mode.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1120
Isaac i only have 1 225g4 and i got it today in the mail. It looks like mint condition and has been bench tested already from 100% seller. I know this amp can do 200 x 1 @ 2ohm and 400 x 1 @ 1ohm. THe 12w6v2 is dual 4 ohm voicecoils and can only be wired at 2ohm if im correct.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2893
Oh, I thought you had 2! Well since you don't have 2ohms dvc sub, vr1000D will be better suited for the job.
I wouldn't sell the G4 though. Great collector's item.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1129
Yeah i will keep it for now..

AudioFreq
Unregistered guest
nice amp
highly overrated in its hey day.. it was only desinged for 'cheaters' (hehe) in competition when the classes were tiered by the 4 ohm power ratings.
Now that the classes have changed.. its just a small yet powerful amp.
You gold members should know that active loads at low impedance are alive and variable (and are not super predictable). for shame!! hehe

Gl with it... it is a vintage peece.

http://www.allexperts.com/displayexpert.asp?Expert=63518

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 774
yea...we have all discused active loads over a frequency range before.

(oops...i'm a silver member:-))

Gold Member

Post Number: 2902
Marshall you'll have to reach 1000 posts I think, to be a "gold" memeber.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 776
silver...gold...whats the difference :-)

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 777
Post #777
only 223 posts to go...:-)

(thats kinda weird, i killed my rack buck (an 8 point) w/ a .223 cal rifle when i was 8yrs old. :-))

Gold Member

Post Number: 1141
Im not sure when my 225g4 actually came out? The box is in mint condition and it says on the amp made in the USA in white. It says her on the owners manual 2000 so im assuming it is the new generation 225g4 released in the year 2000.

If so is there any differance ?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2343
As long as it's made in the US your fine. I think Directed bought them out in like 03, 04 somewhere in there. I actually have an Orion HCCA 250 G5.1, and it was still made in the US. It was the first edition G5, no difference from the G4's, just newer. Most G5's aren't made in the US though, because of stupid Directed Audio.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1156
I will keep it as a backup for my car audio needs in the future.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us