Need help withy a system

Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone, I am new here and new to the car audio field. I decided that I wanted to spend some money and get me some stuff. My current set up is this:
Ported box
2 Sony Xplod 900 Watt Max, 300 watt RMS 12" subs
An Alpine 1/2 channel amp, 700 watts max, bridged
A set of 8 gauge wiring
In total, this all cost me about $500 dollars. The system hits really accurate, hard, and deep and is very loud. My question for you all is if I ever wanted to upgrade the subwoofers to 2 12" 1400 max, 700RMS audiobahn's would it be worth it? Or would this require another amplifier? And also, how much difference would 2 or 4 gauge wiring do for my setup? I am running this off of an 85 amp alternator by the way. Thanks for the help

Post Number: 4
Anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 68
what r u driving

Post Number: 5
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
u only have an 85 amp if u want to upgrade it starts with your alternator my amp alone takes 100 amps. upgrade to like 130 maybe a little higher and yes you will need to get a bigger amp a lot bigger amp if u wanna run those

Post Number: 6
Where do you find out how many amps your amplifier needs?

Post Number: 7
And later in the future would it really be worth it? I don't have much money to spend and the system I have now sounds very clear and shakes the ground wherever it goes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
then your fine. i took my car to an audio shop when i got my last sub and amp. The shop guy told me how many amps my amp took. if your car sounds good now leave it. theres no use in upgrading unless your gonna make an upgrade save your money until you wanna really do som eshit. do your lights dim now?

Post Number: 8
not one bit. I think how it is configured everything is running cool, distortion free, power trouble free, and has no risk of blowing anything while still pounding. I like my system and have to laugh at whoever says Sony's are all crap. Some might be, but this is the older model, like 4 years old or something. It has had compliments by people with RF's and MTX's... Sure, it isn't the loudest, but the quality is infinitly better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us