Car audio is bomb subs dont have to be

Bronze Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 62
why do all you people who are conserned with sq think it is all in your subs i could take any sub and make it sound good. its all in your car audio. i used subs for bang i spent a lot of money on the inside there is no way it can sound like shiit I even made the kicker sound good shiit maybe people sould upgrade from factory as$ car speakers and expirience some real audio

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 734
Yes...you can make mid-level subs sound pretty darn good. A good install is the main part of car audio.

But when you hear somethink like a brahma in a good box and compare that to other subs (ex: kicker)in equally well made boxes...well lets just say there is a big difference.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 393
Ok you go try to make a Sony sub with a Sony amp sound as good as an IDMAX with Tru Tech amps ;)
Just messin with ya.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3299
freedom man, what your sayins is bs sorry, i agree with you most of the time, but your wrong on this specific topic, an eclipse al and a kicker l7 or solo x are NOT going to sound the same, if i built very nice boxes for either of the subs, ran nominal power to them all the subs will sound "good" but the eclipse is going to blow your mind! tsubs are built of differennt qualities, thats what makes a good sq sub, so please dont try and make this an argument, because if u do want to, you take your l5 or l7 or solo x, ill buy another eclipse al 88100 and we will meet up and see whos sounds better. k.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3862
He has a point, though. Install makes more difference than any other factor in car audio. Most people that get bad results crapped out on the install more than the equipment itself. I've seen plenty of $1000 component sets installed in factory door locations with no sound deadening anywhere, and top dollar subs installed in less than adequate enclosures. Of course, a Sony Xplod isn't going to match up to an ID Max or a Brahma, but you can take a Sony sub further than most people do and make it enjoyable to listen to (yes, I hesitate saying that :-))

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
theres no way im gonna argue with subfanatic this is what i got in the 92 crown victoria i run four way pioneer 6/9's in the back and i put 4 jl audio 8's in my doors I could just turn the sub woofer in the trunk off and listen to the 8's they sound tight. i also have an eclipse 15 I dont know exactly what model it is I bought it off the street but it is single 4 and is aluminum and very heavy it sounds very good but doesn't put out close to enough spl to be in the trunk by its self I would need two but yeah I tried to consentrate on the car audio more than the subs because i can play the subs loud with my kid in the car so i just listen to the 8's

Bronze Member

Post Number: 66
and I made the guy sell me the show room floor for the kicker 15 l7 cause it looked cool its a wierd box or maybe its the kicker but its just a super loud like dry flat loud loud bass it actually sounds cool for a kicker at least

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3317
freedom, wanna sell me that eclipse, ill buy it from you no doubt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
it sounds good in the explorer i actually want one more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts