Kicker 12" L7 question

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 73
I have kicker 12" L7's in a subzone box tuned to 37hz. they pound extremely well and im supprizingly happy with the box from subzone, it weighs like 77 pounds box alone and 120 with the subs in it, its very sturdy. I was just wondering if I would run into any problems with it being tuned to 37hz? like a super bassy song or something would over make them overexcurse? its two 12" solobaric L7's running off a kicker kx1200.1 so im giving them 600watts each and they are 750RMS each so is there any chance of blowing them or messing em up somehow?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 248
no chance of them blowing as long as there are no blemishes in the sub. i would say your box is fine, it would be slightly better if it was tuned a little lower but i woulnt worry about it.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1714
agreed 37 hz should be fine we have a kicker comp c 12 in a 3.60 cf box ported to 40 hz and its fine on almost all music except the ocassional low low stuff like bass cd stuff but even when it does complain its not all that noticeable and only happens when its cranked a simple slight reduction in volume smooths her out

shes ported to 40 because the box was already built for another sub and had to be cut down to fit in the new car so the port tune went up from 36 hz to the 40 hz
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us