6 & 1/2 " worth it???? Jonathan,Glasswolf, Isaac, anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 50
I have q-logic kick panels in my car and I am currently running 5 and a 1/4's. In order to use 6 & 1/2" speakers I have to bottom mount them and cut into the bulkhead behind my kick panels. Is it worth it to upgrade to larger speakers? Is it a big difference going from 5 & 1/4" to 6 & 1/2"?? I plan on upgrading from audiobahn components to Infinity kappa perfects.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3843
The upgrade itself (to Perfects) will be worth it, 6 1/2" will get more low end, just make sure the panels will be deep enough to accomodate those componenents with a bottom mount.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
Thanks for the info Jonathan.If i go 6 & 1/2" then i will have to cut into my bulkhead behind the kick panels. Is the larger speaker worth the extra cutting and installation effort over the 5 & 1/4"? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2803
Aaron, yes the upgrade is worth the trouble. Have you thought of using 1" spacer instead of cutting into your back panel?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
Hey Isaac, Yes I thought of that but the opening in the front is only 6 and 1/8th inch so a spacer wouldnt fit? the tech at q-logic said a 6 & 1/2" would only fit if bottom mounted and I dont know how I could install a spacer in that case. plus it might stick out too far in my cramped s10 blazer.what do you think? Thanks,

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2830
The thing with 1" spacer is, you can always cut it in half for 1/2". If you study the structure carefully, it can be made to fit.
I was able to install 6.75" component in my door by cutting away part of plastic surroundings and installing spacer as well as body filler.
Almost anything can be made to fit if you take time.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 59
Ok, I will check that out then, thanks Isaac for your time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us