Which is the better deal

Anonymous

I went to a local dealer and got some pretty good prices for each of these to 2 set ups. I own a 1997 chevy 2500 x-cab. I was wondering what system would be better two 12" W3v2 JL Audio subwoofers with a JL Audio 500/1 monoblock "Slash"-Series Amplifier. Or 2 12" SW8100 Aluminum series Eclipse subwoofers with a 1200W 1 channel Eclipse amplifier (DA7122).

I want my subs to hit hard and to sound good doing it. So which should I go with.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1674
Both are really great set ups, you won't be unhappy with either. I would go with Eclipse, just because of the fact not near minny people have them as they do JL.

Anonymous

I was wondering if the eclipse would sound good with any kind of music and if they would last as long as the JL Audio. I have heard that the JL would last longer.(Years) I s this true.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1677
No, and the Eclipse alum's are well known for there sq.

Username: Poof

Post Number: 6
how much are u getting the differant systems for?

Anonymous

Im getting them for the same price ($1460). The difference is Jl amp cost $100 more but the eclipse subs also cost $100 more, so it balances out. The price also includes an eclipse deck, custom box, and the installion.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 369
eclipse

Anonymous

Can yall tell me what makes the eclipse the better deal.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 370
more powerful amp

Anonymous

I asked to different dealers and they told me that the Jl 500/1 was a better amp. I dont know how. They also said that the JL setup was better.

Silver Member

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 371
eclipse. look at the specs.

Anonymous

Would the eclipse still be the better setup if I were to put a more powerful amp on the JL 12w3v2's.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3288
yes, period! the eclipses are better, i had a single 10 inch eclipse al the 88100 model OF COURSE, everyone on here knows lol. and it beat 2 10 inch w3v2s in sq and close to it in spl, that sub owns all jl audio products in sq but spl wise you would need a w6v2 or w7 to beat it in my opinion of course, its amazing products i swear byu eclipse, your dealer is prolly an authorized jl dealer, so he is basically paid to lie to you becuase he is to absent minded

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2746
I would deff go Eclipse here, if you said two w6v2's then that would be close but the Eclips set-up blows away the w3 set up all day long!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3291
yay JAMES!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2748
hahaha I knew you would be happy about that one Sub!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3293
haha of course, cause i love the eclipses lol

Anonymous

What kind of amp would you put on 2 12" SW8122 Aluminum series Eclipse subwoofers.
Why did they stop making this sub series.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3296
id use an amp that is around 1200 watts rms at 1 ohm, arent the subs dvc 4 ohm???

but they didnt really stop making them, they just cahnged year models and such....little tad downgraded, i dont care for the 7100 modelss
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us