Is this true about sub boxes

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 111
say u had two woofers. could u just add the box volumes togheter and put them in one big box. if so would that work for ported enclousures as well. would you have to add up the port dimensions as well?

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 160
the point of making one box with a divider(two compartments) is for the safety of your subs. if one goes out the working subs volume is automatically doubled, which could cause problems. i'm sure soemone else can go into further detail.

goon

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7825
yes. if one sub takes 2 cubic feet of enclosure, then you could use a 4 cu ft box for two of the identical subs. as for ports, ideally, stick with two round ports for two subs, or one slot vent that's the width of the enclosure. also tune the port(s) accordingly for the two subs. you'll have to recalculate ports area based on two subs instead of one, and for the 4 cu ft instead of 2.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 114
thanks alot u clearled that question up for me and now about the two identical subs. i have one for now( got no money) if i got a second one exactly the same and did that one box thing, would it matter that one of the subs is broken in and has been used for a while?

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1104
I find the basic advantage of having separated enclosures is the added bracing benefits. That being said I'm running a pair of 10w3's ported in a common enclosure. Sounds great.

-Fishy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us