Speakers speakers, what to do blah blah blah

Username: Blackviolet

Post Number: 5
I'm sure all the questions you get like this get old. Sorry. = /

OK, I have a '99 Toyota Solara SLE. It has like 8 speakers.
I listen to just about everything from classical to rap to hardcore punk/metal. I want something that will sound great for it all. I have a good budget. What would be the absolute best for me? I was thinking JL Audio -- what do you think? Should I buy a component kit? Should I get 2 W7's, or would that be overpowering? Just one? What about the Cerwin Vegas V-Mags for the 6x9's? Or should I do it all JL? Or is there something even better (without being TOO ridiculously expensive) for me? With that many speakers, will one amp do it, or do I need two? Which amp(s)?
Which deck?
What is SPL?
Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 372
OKay Desiree, hears the deal. You're only going to actually need ONE set of components, and an amp to power those. Just unhook all the other speakers and run the front 2 doors, it would sound the best. Secondly, the W7 is a badass sub, and one of them would do it. As for the deck that is a personal opinion, just go to your local audio store and check out as many as possible, find one you like, ask that store to match the online price if they do, buy it, if they don't get it online.

For a component set, look into CDT, Infinity, JL, Boston, MB Quart, and Dynaudio.

You'll need a 2 channel amp to power those speakers. Something from PPI's Art Series PC/PCX series would do nicely.

If you can afford the W7, I would get it, and pair it with 1000/1 or JBL 1200.1, or Hifonics BX1000D

Anonymous

i cant get my speakers to work

babybooty85
Unregistered guest
i hooked up my cd player and only one speaker will work my 6-9 in the back,and it is scratchy what is wrong?

Bronze Member
Username: Langner

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 98
i had a cd player like that...except no speakers worked...i just bought a new deck and it worked fine

Silver Member
Username: Langner

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 101
that one speaker could be underpowered 2..but i dont know much bout spekears jus a guess

Username: Montster92

Post Number: 1
I would really like to know if 6*9 speaker boxes must have breathing holes in them so that the speaker can reverberate better in them. Therefore having a bit more bass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us