Can someone explain this

SLM89
Unregistered guest
The Infinity 310A is a 1 channel amp that says

2 ohm output power - full range is 312 Watts
and
briged power @ 2 ohms - full range is 294 Watts

My two Infinity 1230's are 4 ohms and in parallel together they are 2 ohms. How much power will my subs be getting?

Anonymous

according to your stats your subs will get 294 watts but that sounds like its the max not rms

SLM89
Unregistered guest
thats the only numbers i see, i dont know if its rms or not.

SLM
Unregistered guest
wait... RMS Power at 2 Ohms 312 W x 1

will my subs get all the power wired in parallel or will it be half?

Anonymous

yeah you will 312 W x1 bridged when your subs are wired in parallel if you wired them in series it cuts in half so wire them in like you said in parallel

Anonymous

that amp is rated at 116w x 1@4ohms and 312w x 1@2ohm but what is the rms for each of those 1230 subs cuz it sounds like you are underpowering 2 subs unless you mean you had just 1 sub although the rms on those is 300 so you will need to set your gain according to what the voltage is out of your HU to your amplifier

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 214
look it puts out 312 at 2 ohms then that 312 is split between the two subs. giving 156 watts to each sub, you are underpowering them

SLM89
Unregistered guest
even if i wire them in parallel? Wiring them in parallel gives each sub the max power, am i wrong about this? it shouldn't cut it in half

SLM89
Unregistered guest
even if i wire them in parallel? Wiring them in parallel gives each sub the max power, am i wrong about this? it shouldn't cut it in half

SLM89
Unregistered guest
no? yes? in science a few years back, i remember my hairy science teacher Mr. Gorkoff tell us parallel is way better because both things get all the power instead of half.

SLM89
Unregistered guest
bump

SLM89
Unregistered guest
bump

LOOSEWHEEL
Unregistered guest
What RDS said. Max O/P is 312W into 2 ohms. The amp will see 2ohms when they are paralleled, therefore each speaker gets 1/2 or 156W. 156w + 156W =312W.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us