Trying to push 3000 watts help meo ut

Username: Tatortot324

Post Number: 1
OK im running 2 audiobahn 2000 watt subwoofers so 4000 watt total. I have it running at 1 ohm and i want it louder so it says at 1 ohm it runs at 1000 watt x2 and with 1/2 ohm it runs at 1500 watts x2 the guy i talked to said i had to wire the amp and subwoofers parallel what does this mean. Also if anyone has a boss pd3000 cuz thats what im using what bass settings are the best for optimal performance
By the wya im running 2 audiobahn 12qs 2000 watts each and a Boss pd3000 3000 watt amp

Post Number: 2
Can someone help me out

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2561
Just what are you using to power the amp? Do you have HO alternator? Without adequate power, it won't do any good.
Is the sub ported or sealed? for SPL, you will want ported box.
One more thing, Boss amps aren't known for their quality. I wouldn't push it a 1/2 ohm. If you need that, try Orion HCCA 275 G4.
Wiring subs in parallel means connecting the pos to pos and neg to net on each sub and then wiring them together the same way in parallel (pos to pos and neg to neg).

Post Number: 3
what should i do because i should be pushing alot more than i am i have just a regular alternator and battery could this be affecting how much im pushing? and how would i wire it to 1 ohm becuz i dont know if its done correctly

Bronze Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 41
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs =2&impedance=DVC4x2

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2562
Well what is the spec of your subs? Is it 4ohms DVC or SVC?
For 4ohms DVC, wiring in parallel will drop each sub to 2ohms, then wiring them in parallel again to each other will put it at 1ohm.
A stock alternator will supply around 75A the most. So your 3000w amp is getting ALL of it's power from the battery which is 12v. This is probably why you're not getting lot of power.
You need to get HO alternator first before wiring the subs to 1ohm. If not, you will surely kill your car.

Username: Alumaprodave

CALIFORNIA

Post Number: 1
I'm doing around 3200 watts with an extra Optima yellow top bat. and an AlumaPro 15 farad cap. bank. Under my hood is a stock bat. and alternator. I have no power probs at all, NONE!!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7755
a: that capacitor is totally useless. it does nothing for voltage drop. It also has a horridly high ESR which makes it even more useless for any car audio application. great gimmick though. makes alumapro lots of money from those who know nothing about electrical engineering or the basics of what a capacitor actually does.

b: if you have a stock alternator and charging system, you're NOT drawing anywhere close to the power you claim. You'd be lucky to get 500 watts from that system without dimming lights and a stalling car.

the pd3000 is capable of putting out it's rated power at something like one-half own, but at higher loads it puts out a mere fraction of that power. since you won't answer anybodys' questions about your subs and their coil configurations, nobody is going to be able to tell you how to get full power from your low end gear. you have some potential with what you have, but it has to be put into the right box, installed properly, and set up well to get any performance out of it.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7756
probably "3200 watts" max, not RMS.
I can guarantee you there's no physical way possible you'd draw 3200 watts worth of current from a stock 12VDC charging system in a car while the engine is running.
That yellow top would last you about 5 minutes before it gave out at that much draw, too with the motor off.

Post Number: 4
ok this is what i got

Subwoofers Audiobahn 2000 wat Alum12q
EPDM DUAL 6 OHM 1000 watts rms
Power handling 1000 watts rms
Frequency Response 18hz-500hz
Efficiency 96.4 dB
3" 4-layer ASV voice coil
Dual 6 Ohm
3 Ohm or 12 OHM operation

Amp Boss pd3000 3000 watt amp
Max power 3000 Watts
RMS power, 4 ohms 350w x 2
RMS power 2 ohms 700w x 2
RMS power 1 ohm 1000w x 1
RMS power 1/2 ohm 1500w x 1

Frequency response (+/- 3dB) 9Hz to50kHz
Signal-to-noise ratio>105dB
Channel separation>90dB
Low pass Crossover 50Hz-100Hz
High pass Crossover 120Hz-720Hz
Bass boost 0-+18dB
Bass boost Frequency 50Hz-100Hz
Dimensions, LxWxH
20 1/8" x 13 3/8" x 2 3/4"

Post Number: 5
also what does Low pass, Bass frequency, and high pass do

Post Number: 6
can anyone give me some tips?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7774
you want the amp crossover set to "low pass" and bass frequency is probably for bass boost EQ, which is best left flat or at zero for now while we get the rest of the system worked out.
set the LPF to 80Hz

Username: Alumaprodave

CALIFORNIA

Post Number: 2
I Have 2 Ampman/Adire class D amps rated at 1500 watts RMS each at 1 ohm.
I have 4 Farenheit CK12" subs rated at 1000 watts RMS each wired in a 1 ohm load. Each sub is in it's own 1 cubic ft. sealed chamber made out of 1" mdf and another half inch of Dupont Corian on top of that for the face of the box.
Top end Cerwin Vega componets up front and Infinity 2 ways in the rear that are being run by a Profile Clarus 4 chan. amp. And again a 15 farad cap bank and an extra Optima yellow top, along with the stock bat and alternator under the hood of my 97 4Runner. All going to an Alpine deck. I have had it in car shows and when people feel it and hear it they are in awe!

I also have in the 4Runner:
2 Nesa 6" headrest monitors.
1 17" Dell HD widescreen.
1 XBOX.
1 1750 watt power inverter.

And yes I look for the RMS ratings on electronics that is why I will only buy Onkyo,Denon or Yamaha for the home. The Onkyo is working great with my Velodyne Sub.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2592
http://jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html#2dvcsp that is how to wire your subs to get a 1.5ohm load you will be getting about 750 Boss watts to your 1000 watt audiocrap subs. What that evens out to be is about 300watts(true) to your 400watt(true) subs it should sound ok if that amp is even really stable half as low as t says it is which I highly doubt it.

Post Number: 10
Oh im at least hitting 1200 watts right now having it wired to 1 ohm i think i just need a new battery and alternator if i just get an Optima battery i should be set shouldnt I and would your cd player have any affect on loudness and bass and stuff and whats the best Cd/Mp3 player out there right now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
i still have my normal battery and my normal alternator in there and my lights dim pretty damn bad if i change it to an optima battery will i see a huge amount of difference or not? and would it most likely up the loudness and bass alot?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
anyone have any ideas?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7819
have you read anything w'e already said?
http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/charging.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us