How loud are the Atlas 12"s

Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 8
im gettin 2 atlas 12's on monday... i was just wondering how loud they are... will they rattle my whole car and blurr my vision? :D :D :D... oh btw what is a decent cheap amp that will power them very nicely?... as some already know i have a g@Y a$$ boss amp... and i want to upgrade... but dont feel like spending alot of cash...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2660
kicker kx 400.1 I believe is the model #. that will work well with those subs, and wont break the bank. look on Ebay.

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 9
hey james do u know anyone that has those subs?... if u do... are they really loud? ill check out that amp.. thanks :D

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2663
I dont have the atlas I have the Avalanche. JW on here has an Atlas and he loves it. I have heard great great things about them especially how efficient they are:-)

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 10
haha ic... thats cool man... do u have the avalanche 15?... i heard that 2 atlas 12s are as loud as the 15's... not sure if its true. but thats what i heard... btw does ur avalanche hit like crazy?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2667
yeah it gets pretty loud when I want it too:-) almost too loud sometimes and I am running it sealed, I cant imagine what it would sound like in a low tuned ported enclosure, it would be sickening at notes around 25htz:-):-):-)

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 11
muhahah... im so excited cant wait until they come... sucks being a n00b at car audio... i wish i knew a lot lol... hmm how do u tune ur box?... i always see stuff about that. i have a ported box, and im wondering how i would tune it or whatver... btw will my box be ok for the (2) atlas 12s?... i think it will be o.O

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2669
I think chad recomends sealed for the Atlas doesnt he? I cant check on that right now for you but I will check it out and get back to you. You tune a box by changing the port size and depth, the smaller and shallower the port the higher the tune, the bigger and deeper the port the lower it is tuned.

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 12
hmm i forgot wat chad recomended... err i dont want to buy a new box!!! lol holy moly car audio is freaking expensive... if i keep the ported will it be better for SPL?...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us