Dynamat(asphalt) VS Cascade(Vinyl)

Bronze Member
Username: Demko

Post Number: 16
Would there be a noticable diff between the two, I know dynamat is a trusted name and all but reading up on cascade it seems better. Lighter, more flexible, and "better" dampening claimed. anyone use it?
this is what I found.
DYNAMAT product is asphalt based.
CASCADE Sound Damping material is vinyl based.

-Equal or superior damping with lower weight.
-Less smelly off-gassing
-Molds into contours better, less need for a heat gun
-Light weight & quality adhesive reduces peeling.

At about the same price what is really best?

Anonymous

Waste of money go buy some roofing underlayment or Ice and Water shield does same thing for a fraction of the cost.Can get at lowes or Homedepot.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
hmm I'll look into it, anyone else actually use anything like that?

Username: Kitkatt

Post Number: 3
ice and water shield may be less $$$$ but it stinks and I can't imagine what it would smell like in the summer heat ......Your car is going to smell like a roof ..

Username: Kitkatt

Post Number: 4
ice and water shield may be less $$$$ but it stinks and I can't imagine what it would smell like in the summer heat ......Your car is going to smell like a roof ..

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2178
Try Elemental Designs eDead. The cheaper stuff is about 1 dollar a sq foot, and the better stuff is $1.50 or 2 bucks a sq foot. Works just as good as dynamat, you'd never know the difference.

Bronze Member

NY USA

Post Number: 18
so in the end its about all the same and i should waste my money... I just have a bad rattle in my trunk that i would like to get rid of and an i dont want to waste time/money on a cheap product and have it not get rid of it, but of course I dont want to spend way more than i have to.
I found 36 sq ft of dynamat for about 90 on ebay while generic stuff is about 100sq ft for $100.

Bronze Member

NY USA

Post Number: 19
eDead also says to apply 3 layers for optimal performance...

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 207
no it does not stink at all, tyr the roofing material from home depot,works great and no it does not stink at all.I did my expedition from front firewall to rear,floors and doors and ceiling .

Anonymous

Well I get mine from a buddy works for one of largest roofing contractors in the midwest. The stuff I get from him is roughly 1/8" thick and its sticky on one side and slick on the other. It can easily be doubled and it doesnt stink at all. It isnt ice and water shield though its some new stuff he been using. But he said they have similar stuff at Homedepot and Lowes doesnt hurt to look. Specially if it saves you 40 50 bucks.

Bronze Member

NY USA

Post Number: 20
I looked for it on the home depot website and only came up with some underlay for around skylights, and its more $per sq ft. I think I'll just go with edead 60sq ft for $50.

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 209
edead is the way to go, its soo cheap on ebay!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 60
I couldnt find it on home depot's site either and i went in person to look at two different stores. One had tyr and one had stormguard ice and water shield.

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 146
Yea i bought some dynamat extreme and it worked well but it cost me 80 bucks for a good portion of my trunk to be covered, eDead is gonna be my next purchase
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us