PPI PCX Amps

Bronze Member
Username: Lowdose

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 14
Where are the fuses? I have a PCX480 and PCX2400 and I dont see any on the outside of the amp must be on the inside then huh? First time I owned PPI PCX series amps. I really like them too. I Cant wait to get it all installed. Still waiting on a few items but getting closer.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 15
Oh I was gonna also ask about this other amp a buddy want to sell me. Its PPI PC2600.2 2002 model he wants 225 for it think that a good deal or no? Its clean no scratches or anything. Was thinking of putting it in my gals car heh for her B-day.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2683
You'll need to supply external fuse for the amps. As for the size, check the manual.
PPI PC2600.2 is a great amp. If the guy's only asking for $225, don't hesitate. You will not find that model very often. The spec on it is as good as one of Zapco's best amp.
I'd buy that model just for collection alone. Well worth the money.
Unless your "gal" can appreciate the beauty in that amp, it'll be a waste.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 16
Hehe thanks Isaac. Yeah true but she does love her music so it wont go to waste imo. I dont have the manual I check on the net see what I can digup. The reason being I need to know what size I should run in my inline fuse holder. Do you think I should use 0 gauge or 4 gauge and since im using my mbr 70 would I want to run the 0 gauge from front to back through my mbr 70? Cause like I have read in many recent post. Once the car is started it all comes from the alternator.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 17
Darnit one more thing would I want to double fuse that? Since im using the mbr 70 would I want to fuse the Line between the front bat and the isolator? Or just from my amps to the second bat?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2685
Orion MBR 70 only needs 70A so 4 gauge is fine. Yes you will need double fuses, one for that and one near your 2nd battery.
If you can't find the manual for the amps, then take your total watts and divide it by 12v. Whatever number you get is approximately the fuse size you need.
If you're going to give that amp to your gal, you need to remind her how special that amp is. Almost one of a kind now. To replace that amp with current models, you'll have to look at Zapco amps. The C2K 6, which costs over $1200.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 18
Dang I cant believe that awesome and I really apreciate the help. Im gonna find a 4 channel to go with it I missed out on one for 110 the other day darn sleep haha.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 19
I think since you told me that Isaac that I will encase it and put a Lexan glass cover over the front so it doesnt get hurt. I have done many install should be cake just been outa the scene for a few years just got the urge again hehe.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2687
It's like riding a bike, once you learn, you never forget.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 21
Hey is running that PCX2400 on 2 IDmax 12's gonna be to much for my PCX480 horns and 6.5's. I was wanting to just run 6 speaker config but im worried im gonna get to much bass. Should I add more up front or think it will be ok?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2690
You won't really know till you try it. I think you'll be fine. Besides, that's what the crossovers and equalizers are for. To balance out the sound.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 22
Doh yeah I dont even want to think about all that yet haha. Im still waiting to get it back from the shop stupid emissions. grrrr.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 27
DEI told me that the PCX480 has a 70amp fuse and the PCX2400 160amp fuse. Thats quite a bit so im looking at 230amps. Yeah I think im gonna need an alt possibly. What you think?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2698
Those are at the max setting. You can get by as long as you keep the volume down. If not, yes, HO alternator will be required for premium sound.

Bronze Member

St. Louis, Mo

Post Number: 28
Well thats what I want Premium sound no less will do hehe. I had figured I would so I been looking into them already. Figured I shoot it to ya see what ya thought. Thanks bro.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us