Fatmat vs. dynamat

Username: Goon

Post Number: 9
fatmat is cheaper...is it as good as dynamat, or do you get what you pay for?

chub
Unregistered guest
you get what you pay for, go for "edead" (edead.com) you pay as low as a buck per sq/ft. and that is as good as dynamat

sound_dead
Unregistered guest
edead v1 SE (not v1) vs dynamat extreme? which one is more effective?????

http://edesignaudio.com/category.php?type=damp

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 156
i used the eDead v1 last week and it worked great. never used dynamat, so i cant compare, but i'm very happy with the results from the eDead. i have an '84 4runner with oversized tires so the road noise has always been terrible; people are amazed how quiet it is when they ride in my truck now. i got 120 sq ft for $120 shipped, i couldnt justify the extra cost for dynamat extreme. from a cost/benefit analysis standpoint, i cant imagine dynamat could be that much better to justify the hundreds of extra dollars. just my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 451
fat mat is great i have used it before a lot like dynamat

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
so now the question is...edead or fatmat...what are your thoughts?

Username: Travisj

Post Number: 4
I would get eDead. mainly becuase when i bought deadening they helped me with my questions and fatmat never returned emails or phone calls. the owner of elemental called me after i sent in a bunch of questions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
good help is hard to find...thats a plus man. thanks for the input.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbaker97

Houston, Tx Usa

Post Number: 25
The dynamat extreme is almost twice as thick as Fatmat but for the price you can just double the fatmat and save alot of $$$$$$

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1204
the ONLY backdraw of edead is when your applyinmg it there is a slight smell...THATS IT lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
my car smells as it is...so i can't get any worse. thanks man.

Post Number: 5
I put some se in my trunk. no smell at all. did it in a garage with a heat gun. not that hot though in illinois

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
yeah i live in orlando...it's getting hot.

Unregistered guest
old, but i installed edead in my integra hatchback and its great stuff. edead v1se - 70 mils, extreme 67 mils

Post Number: 7
yeah edead rules.

check this out - http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11523

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1082
I've used eDead v1se(70mil) and some Tsunami 45 mil stuff, but I like this the best:

At 59 mils its thinner than the v1se with a thicker layer of aluminum which makes it slightly stiffer, but since its embossed(dimpled) it actually stretches more w/o tearing(the dimples smooth right out) and seems to stick better by holding its shape after being "bent" around tough corners.

Its slightly more expensive than the v1se at around $2 a sq foot shipped and probably has slighty less sound dampening ability due to the reduced thickness, but if your installing dampener on a surface which is far from flat, IMO its definitely the way to go.

-Fishy

Post Number: 8
you get more thickness with edead for less money. and if you want something thinner just get v1 for half the cost of that stuff...... v1 is dimpled btw. mine was anyway..... use their coupon discount and it's 80 cents a sq. ft.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1085
You know where I can find a better pic than what they have on their website? If that embossing looks the same I might try the v1 next time.

I cleaned my surfaces really well but am having problems with a few edges and corners peeling with the v1se. On the flat stuff no problem but it doesn't seem to hold as well around corners.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1086
Could be 70 mils is just too thick.

:-)

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Ruckus

Oh

Post Number: 16
I know it has been mentioned, but what luck has anyone had with the "peel and seal" you can get at home depot?? I just bought some, and its self adhesive and temp resistant, because it is supposed to be used on a roof....

Post Number: 10
my se and v1 has not moved a inch or pealed. nor has my dynamat extreme though. the se and dynamat extreme were the same thing. i couldn't tell a difference. if 70mils is too thick get v1 for 80 cents a sqft...

i visit their forum sometimes on that icix site. thers alot of pictures there and people with a TON of knowledge.i use their subs and amps too and the elemental designs stuff is great.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1092
Well I just put the stuff in and it has been getting pretty hot. It may sort itself out. I know there's no way the v1se is coming OFF. Its just that I spent a large amount of time making sure I didn't have air bubbles and had good contact on all the crazy bends and it kind of irritates me to come back the next day and see a corner or edge thats lifted a bit.

Didn't have that problem at all with the Tsunami or SDM, but that stuff is thinner and the v1se is super pliable in comparison.

-Fishy

stevedodge
Unregistered guest
i have v3. i keep recommending it to everyone. everyone i know is using v3 now :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us