What speaker should i get?

Bronze Member
Username: Langner

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 99
I am probably going to replace my 5x7's in my car and possibly get an amp dont want to spend over 150 on the speakers what would be a good set of speakers and a good amp 2 power those speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Robste15

Post Number: 16
a set of infinity kappa 5x7/6x8's are really good that will handle 100watts rms, then get a good 2 ch. amp that is rated at around 90w x2 rms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
you can buy the infinity kappa572.5cf's off of onlinecarstereo.com for $99 which i think are worth it because my friend has them in is vehicle running them with an amp and they sound really good

Username: Hooli

Post Number: 2
How do I match speakers to my head unit?
I own a Sony CDX R3350 head unit and want to beef up my car steroe sound (not enough bass in the factory speakers!).
I want to buy some 6x9 speakers that are a good match to that head unit, which says it produces 4x50W RMS (I found one technical spec that says the unit produces 4 x 23.2W...a little confused by this!).
I'm looking at some Alpine SPE6903 speakers which say they are 30W RMS. Good match?
If I leave the factory speakers in the front and wire the new 6x9s to the rear outputs will my head unit cope with the different output requirements for the speakers (factory fronts and 6x9 in the rear)?
Sorry the questions is so basic :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
the alpines would be fine and sound good off that HU

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
50x4 is the peak and 23.2x4 is the HU's RMS which is what you look for in matching speakers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us