Turning sub on inducing static, crackling noise in front speakers

Username: Steelersinmia

Miami, FL USA

Post Number: 5
ok here's the deal .. yesterday, I rewired the speaker wire(16 gauge) for the door speakers 2 rce 216's(I already replaced the rca's a couple weeks ago).

crossovers are in the trunk along with 2 subs and 2 amps. I also rewired the subs with some new speaker wire. I chose these 12 gauge monster wires that were recommended by the Soundadvice rep for the subs. I routed them pretty much exactly how the old ones were wired and i have the rca's and speaker wire routed on the opposite side of the power cable.

But now when i turn on the subs, the driver's side speaker picks up some static or crackling type noise in the background and it gets worse as i raise the sub level and I think the right speaker might be affected as well but the noise is only obvious on the driver's side speaker. any ideas

also on a side note ..i had everything installed at a shop and the crossover was connected as follows: output t-t+ w-w+ then input was connected using w- t+ .. now I was looking at the rce 216 manual and it showed that the 'standard' connection for input was w- w+ so I rewired it like this(because i haven't been happy with the sound so i wanted to see how it would sound this way) ..seems to have a 'fuller' sound now .. I like it ..what exactly is the proper configuration ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us