Yet another vs thread

Anonymous

I am faced with the decision to put 2 15 power hx2's or 2 15 L5 solo baric's in a vented box in my explorer, I am looking mainly for street beater bass for spl,its the older black model of L5, I figured the l5's would be louder due to surface area, but would it be worth the extra 100$ more to get them? What kind of db advantage would the L5 have?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3135
they would be prolly ALOT louder

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 84
hey sub, you know arent those the subs that had the dependabilty issues.. like cracking, and basket distortion?? i would go with the other two, or a set of different 15's. like avalanche? i hear the 15's are insane. oh well your choice bro. choose wisely.. subs arent just for banging for a few days they are something you gotta carry with you for years if your poor like me hehe. Hey what amp are you getting also?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3140
yea i know, the solox l5 and l7 are square, giving it omre surface area, but also has weak points in the surround corners limiting quality and xmax, but it would still outpout 2 15 hx2's, but this is my opinion and ive only done installs with 12's of both, not 15's

Anonymous

would 1200 rms power 2 15 L7's in a PORTED box?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us