Fosgate amp

Anonymous

could the fosgate p3002 300w amp push the 4ohm kickers?
here are the specs:

Amplifier Type: 2-channel
RMS Power: 75W x 2
Bridged RMS Power: 300W x 1
THD at Rated RMS Power: 0.08%
Speaker Level Inputs: No
Preamp Outputs: Yes
Built-In Crossovers: HP/LP
Bass Boost: 0 - 18 dB
Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
Signal to Noise Ratio: >80 dB

Anonymous

bumpidy bump

Anonymous

fosgate = overpriced and paying for name

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1614
Fosgate equals good/reliable.
Yes a little expencive... but worth it!
What Kicker's are you looking at?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 242
maybe one comp vr

Username: Masterchris11

Post Number: 6
Ive had three different Fosgate amps in three different setups and they all performed good. They overheated alot though (i live in AZ). Yes they aremore expensive, but two of mine were open box items.

Whats your opinion on Fosgate Subs? I have one 10" HE2 Punch Subwooofer in my car for now.

Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 1
he 2 are good subs rockford amps good power but will not run heavy driver properly

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1619
"will not run heavy driver properly." What do you mean... please explain.
As far as the overheating, I have 2 RF amp's, and live in Texas. My amps get pretty hot, but have never overheated.
The HE 2's, are pretty good sub's, I have 2 HX2's, and I think they are pretty close to the same as HE2's... and my HX2's are louder than I expected.
P.s, I'm willing to bet that the Rockford T20001BD, or the T30001BD will run almost any sub you can throw at it!

Anonymous

ok well i dont know exactly what model my kickers are because they were hand me downs from my brother, and i looked at the subs them selves to see if they had the model number, but the only think it says is kicker 8 ohms. i have 2 of these subs. you guys think s fosgate p3002 300w amp could run these, or should i get the audiobahn a8002t amp? or do u guys suggest ne thing else, my price range is under 200 including shipping.

Anonymous

i wish i had money to get newer kickers but i dont, so all i know is that they are 8ohms each, not 4 like i said at first.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1650
Its kind of hard to tell you wich amp will be better with out knowing poweratings... the Audiobahn A8000T is a pretty good amp, if you're subs can handle it.

Bronze Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 25
if u ever noticed how paper thin rockfords are u could understand how the amps are made to run pretty much rockford subs. I learned this the hard way. Then some speaker shop guy told me that. he could be just talking out of his as$ like the rest of speaker shop guys

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1658
What? RF amps are better than there sub's... I hate to say that, considering I'm running both!:-)
But a lot of people say that RF's older stuff was better, well the subs I have are the HX2's wich they don't make any more... hint's older!:-)
P.s, I still can't figure out what that was supposed to mean..

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 217
hey annonymous i have a nearly brand new rockford fosgate amp that i am selling. it as the older 160.2 punch (ask anyone here theyll tell you that this amp is better than the new ones, esp. the p3002). it MSRP value is twice the new models!!! this shows you how good the amp is. it has nearly the same power ratings as the p3002, if you want it give me a price at rmikkola143@hotmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us