Parallel/series circuit

SLM89
Unregistered guest
Explain wiring subs in parallel and series circuit. How much power do each sub get in each circuit, say for an amp thats 300 Watts RMS.

SLM89
Unregistered guest
boom! bump!

SLM89
Unregistered guest
:-(

please?

SLM89
Unregistered guest
:-(

please?

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 131
haha fooled you!

SLM89
Unregistered guest
what?

SLM89
Unregistered guest
how did u fool me?

SLM89
Unregistered guest
why dont people answer me? please, please answer.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2109
It's not as much the wattage, as it is the impedence you get from wiring in different ways. If you had a sub with a single voice coil, you can't wire in series or parallel. It is only used with more than one subwoofer, or with subs' that have 2 or more voice coils.

When you wire two voice coils together in series, you add the impedences together, (example: two 4 ohm voice coils wired in series would present a 8 ohm load) It's the same as if you wired two 9 volt batteries in series, you'd have 18 volts.

Parallel: When you wire two voice coils in parallel, you take divide the value of one voice coil by two. (example, if you wired two 4 ohm voice coils in parallel, you would get a 2 ohm load.)

SLM89
Unregistered guest
ok, but sum1 told me that 2 svc subs wired in parallel only get half the watts to each sub, but i thought both subs got max power wired in parallel and split the watts in series. whats right? (thanks for helping me out man)

SLM89
Unregistered guest
?

SLM89
Unregistered guest
? X 2?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us