Orion HCCA 250G4 and 250G5 / Any Differance???

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1040
I ordered a 250g4 from cardomain.com and they sent me a 250G5 instead. I called them and they said that it was a error on there system and that it was suppose to be a 250g5. Should i keep it? what is the differance in these two? newer model??

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2688
I would send it back and get your money back personally, chances are its the g5 version 2 that was made post DEI buy out if they have it in stock.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2729
MO I feel bad for you. Before you send G5 back, check the casing for country of origin. If it says USA painted on it, then it's still good. If it has nothing or a small sticker, then it's probably made overseas. In that case, it's worth about half the price.
Either way, you should make cardomain.com give you huge discount or money back. After all, it wasn't your fault, they were the ones that lied.
You might also want to mention this forum to them where you're posting comments and reviews.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1041
Its made in KOREA. When i read that i knew somthing was wrong. I better send it back huh?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2691
absolutely! that is a very good idea that Isaac had also I recomend that as well. It cant hurt.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1043
Yeah i just called cardomain and got my return authorization #. They are gonna send me a shipping label so i can send it back to them freeshipping and then they will give me my full refund. False Advertisment! Now i am back on the hunt for a amp for my Avalanche 15...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2693
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5770143747 %26

Gold Member

Post Number: 1044
James what year was this amp released and how does it compare to the G4???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1045
?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2695
it is a year prior to the G4 and the only thing it does not have I believe is the built in x-over like the G4 does. It does not need a bridging module like the original HCCA 250's did. Ask Isaac he knows more about the 250r then I do. I just know that it was just as good but lacked a few minor options that the G4 came with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2732
MO, 250R has almost identical spec as 250G4 amp. It is 1 ohm stable where as G4 is .5ohms stable.
The R series remind me of XTR. That amp is also 1 ohm stable.
If you can't find G4, then go with R or XTR series. Either way, it's a much better amp than most.
Today I tested the 275G4 amp with the new sub setup. I think the polyfill is really helping. I used the charger/starter again on it and ran it for about an hour. Boy, it pounded 2x harder than 250G4. The amp got hot, but again not "Sony" hot, just hot enough to warm your hands and feet. I can't believe how smooth the bass response is.
If you guys ever get a chance to get 250G4 or 275G4 amp, get it! I know there are lot of JL 500/1 and 1000/1 lovers out there, but wait till you listen to G4. I tried very hard to look for signs of distortion/clip, but nadda. Every drum sounded very pure, from start of the beat to the finish. It's a bit hard trying to explain the sound quality, you'll just have to experience it for yourself.
On the G4, set the LPF to around 80Hz, HPF to 20Hz, and Intelli Q to 6db+ for sealed box, and 10db+ for ported. Unlike cheap amps that seem to amplify and produce unnatural bass, this one is very life like.
I don't think I would trade my G4 for anything else. The only one that comes close is Zapco's C2K 6.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1049
thanks ill be on the hunt for the 250g4 and if i cant find one i will stick with the 250R. Other wise im looking at the Zapco C2K 9.0 30th aniv adition 4ohm model.

A friend wants $1200 for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2735
Whoa, that's a lot of dough. Have you thought about C2K 6? It's a better amp, overall wise. I think it's a bit less than $1200. It's as versatile as 275G4.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1051
here is some info on it.

http://www.zapco.com/prod/comp_prods/documents/TechnicalBulletinC2K9.04KW.pdf

It can be set at 800 watts rms and its a class D amp with about 175Amps fuse. I think at 800watts i will be pulling about 80-100amps. Probably more efficiant then that ppi pcx 2200 class a/b amp with 80amp fuse.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2740
That's a great amp. If you can afford it, then try it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1052
If i can talk him to lowering it to $1000 i will get it.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2704
damn thats a lot of cash man! That amp looks amazing though if you do get it Mo let me know how it is with the Avalanche.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1053
well i made about $800.00 this week. I sold that ppi pcx 2200 for $335 plus $55 for shipping. I also sold my Jl 500/1 i had tonight for $375 plus $27.00 shipping. Thats like about $800.00 and i got my check this week. So i may go for it if he can do it for $1000. Oh yeah i will def let you know if i get it james and i think it will be efficiant more so then my old PPI PCX 2200 cause im gonna have it at 800 watts rms and its a class D where as the PPI was A/B and it should be easiar on my electrial that way.

Silver Member
Username: Joe_c

Oakwood, Ga

Post Number: 193
that amp is a monster!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1054
I know i may get it..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts