2 12" Atlas or 1 Avalanche

Bronze Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 83
I have narrowed it down to these two subs because they get loud and still maintain good sq. I will be giving the sub/s 500 watts rms. Would I be better getting 1 15" Avalanche or 2 12" Atlas? I listen to mainly rap so I want some good spl, but I also listen to rock so I want a little sq. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Silver Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 117
go with the avalanche, i like a 1 sub setup and you will only be gaining 3db more than 1 atlas than with 2. So there will not be that much of a difference.

The avalanche will work really well with 500 watts and will get loud and have great sq at the same time. much better choice IMO

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2686
it all depends on the type of amp you have also, if it is a 500 watt pyramid amp it will not even move the avalanche.

Bronze Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 85
I don't have an amp yet but I will be getting a fairly good amp that can put out a true 500 watts rms. Do you think I would be better off getting just the one Avalanche? What amp do you suggest?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 264
go with the avalanche it will perform better then the atlases and should be just as loud. avalanche has higher excursion

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2709
yeah thats what I would do also
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us