Amp kits

DUB
Unregistered guest
I want the truth, I am on a small budget, I dont want this to go off this subject. ARE THE KITS AT WALMART ANY GOOD?

I went to another place and their kits were like $80 to $120, which is alittle to much for me right now.

Silver Member
Username: Mcazayoux

New roads, La United states

Post Number: 105
What's in the kit?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2560
If you're on a tight budget, go with Walmart's amp kit. It'll be just fine.
It is not a bad kit either. The power wires have enough strands to deliver high current. You will see that the biggest difference between expensive and cheap wires are the strand count.
In a real world, 2000 strands vs 1500 strands, you won't hear any difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Velk4425

Post Number: 19
I personally can't stand to pay 100 dollars for a wiring kit. Wire is wire as far as im concerned. The welding units at my work had the wire changed for them so I snagged all the left over wire for my Mustang. Should work like a charm. ALOT cheaper...thats for sure.

Think about it.....I am willing to bet it costs about 5 dollars to make a wiring kit overseas. My friend works at Best Buy and they get their Monster Cables for 2 bucks that retail for like 30 some bucks for 10 feet

Just my venting on overpriced audio accesories lol.

DUB
Unregistered guest
So the kits at wal-mart are not the best, but will do good.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2564
Well for $30, you can't expect it to be the best, but will be more than adequate.
Monster cables in Canada doesn't cost $30, they cost $200.

DUB
Unregistered guest
Yea cuz I dont want to spend $100 on a wiring kit right now, I mean add $40 and thats what my amp cost.

DUB
Unregistered guest
What about the rockford fosgate 4-gauge 800W amp kit, I found it for $38. The model number or whatever for this is CP4POS.

Quick question, the other model, the CP4CKDS, its the smae thing, 800W and 4-guage, but how come it costs more?

DUB
Unregistered guest
Nevermind, I found out why the CP4CKDS cost more, so is the RF CP4POS good then?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us