High Output Alternator/Need Advise

Username: Gagonit

Post Number: 1
I need a high output alternator. There's no way around that. I have a 99' Honda Accord. I've come to relize that they don't make a high output alternator for my car after checking around. I'm wondering what options do I have now. Can a shop build a HO alternator for my car? Would capacitors help? Extra battery in the trunk? My current situation...Have a Optima battery for over a month now after old battery died. Have a Kicker1200 for my subs and a Kicker800 for the mids. Loosing power though and can barely turn the volume up without the amp turning off then coming back on.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2479
yeah well your prob pulling close to 175 amps at peak output. You are going to need a new alternator there are a few places that will take your current alt and rebuild it to make it whatever size you want. I would go that route and I hope you are running atleast 2guage wire.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2493
Try 4alterstart.com. They will rebuild your current alternator to whatever size you need.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 854
www.excessiveamperage.com looks good too

Username: Gagonit

Post Number: 2
After looking at this link that Isaac posted, would this be a good HO alternator? 150 amps. And if so, should I put a second battery in the trunk or capacitor's? Would a capacitor help or be necessary. The extra battery would be just for when the car is not running right? Thanks http://verizonsupersite.com/4alterstartcom/pages/store/skudetail.nhtml?profile=h ighoutputalternatorsuid=12446returnURL=http%3A//verizonsupersite.com/4alterstart com/pages/common/sitesearch.nhtml%3Fquery%3Daccord%201999catuid=10013

Silver Member

Post Number: 876
Just get the HO alternator and add a capacitor or what i whould recommend whould be a BATCAP model 800 stereo battery instead of the capacitor and you can put it right next to your amps in the back. You can find them on ebay. That is what im doing. Just search BatCap on ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2498
The link doesn't work for me. I get an error.
150A is a good upgrade from stock which is normally 70A. Having a 2nd battery (deepcycle) in the trunk helps when you want to listen to the radio with engine off.
A good isolator is Orion MBR 70. I think someone is selling it on this forum. Unlike most isolators, you don't have to cut into your current electrical system.
I'd get a capacitor (1F per 1000W peak) to top of your system. It'll give you tighter bass.

Silver Member

Post Number: 877
IF YOU DONT KNOW YOU BETTER ASK SOMEBODY....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796%26item%3D5769665880 %26%26
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us