Jl w7 12 and jl 500/1amp!!! will it be enough???

Username: Quorum

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 1
ok i've been stuck on finding the right amp for my sub. the jl w7 12... after alot of talkin with my audio guy he said to do the 500/1 jl. i'm just wondering if anyone has this set up and if its gonna be enough. i have a 2 door tahoe. and recently had two kicker l7 12's and xtant 1000.1 amp stolen. so is it gonna do the job?

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 2
http://www.kicker.com/05/hookedup/images/hookedup-reskin_02.jpg

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 980
The 500/1 is a good choice but the 1000/1 is even better.

Dallas, Tx

Post Number: 3
well obviously because of more power but how big will the noticable difference be ?

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 995
you will be able to turn up the volume louder with the 1000/1 and itll sound cleaner with less distortion then if you go with the 500/1.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2636
you will gain about 3db's by going with the 1000/1 over the 500/1.

3db's is a good amount although it may not sound l;ike much it is highly noticable.

FLATLAND_PINTO
Unregistered guest
i have never had a 12 w7 distort..? i have two in my 94 toyota pickup and it was ran by one pcx 2400 amp. before it was only pushin one w7and it was bridged to push 1600 and there was no distortion what so ever, but for the guy above asking for advise, id go with the 1000/1. and set everything right and put the speaker facing the rear about 20-24inches from the back door since you have so much air to be pushed, it will sound better in a Subzone box.will produce lots of bass of any other box i have heard!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us