Best Car Security System

Username: Sm68

Post Number: 2
Hi, what is the best car security system on the market? Why is it the best? How much does it cost? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 426
Best huh? Well the best in my opinion would be the Clifford G5 solaris 5 or avantguard 5.

I have delt with Cliffords for years and been very happy with them. As for what makes it the best:

Life time waranty
Fully programable
You can turn each sencor on and off with the remote, without leaving your eazy chair.
Auto start that will even start you car if the battery starts to get low (great for vacations)(be sure to warn the neighbors)
Coded valet switch

I could keep going for a while, but to make it easy here is the manual.
www.clifford.com/g5/default.asp
www.clifford.com/g5/sec_rs/default.asp#avantguard5
www.clifford.com/guides/g5.asp

As for price your looking at about 4 to 5 hundred installed.

Username: Sm68

Post Number: 4
Jeremy, the Clifford Avantguard 5 looks like a great security system. I will check out the Clifford website for further information. Is the Avantguard 5 a new model? I would hate to buy a system and then find out that they stopped making parts/accessories for it. Thanks

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 427
Yep that is a 2004 / 2005 model. What makes it even cooler is that it is backwards compatiable with all the G4 sensors. So not only do they still make stuff for it, but the old stuff works too. As for the parts, it doesn't matter if you have the waranty. Even if they stop making it, and the brain goes out, they will either replace it with a new model, or get a new brain of the same model.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 115
jeremy do you know if this one alerts you if your alarm is going off.. id like to get one that would if u know of any .

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 440
Now were talking. You weren't playen when you said the best.

www.clifford.com/matrix/responder/default.asp

If that thing doesn't have every bell and whistle you want, then I can't help you.

Anonymous

what are laser line alarms like?? any good?

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 450
I have honestly never delt with them. They seem to be a mainly British dealer. However looking at the price I would guess they are ok. close to 300 euros is pretty high.

Another good way to tell is check out the people installing them. If you see that a company that caries them is using crimp conectors and so one to make conections then your probably dealing with a lower quality item. If they sodder and shrink tube all the connections (doing a higher quality install) then you are more likely dealing with a higher quality alarm.

Basically comes down to money, why waist time doing a great install on a alarm that is going to take a dump in less that a year.

Username: Whiteaurora01

Post Number: 10
they are all the same viper, clifford, autopage just different names. to prove it the company that makes viper has about 6 or 7 alarms equipped with the same options with different names. It all a rip off the clifford has all the same options of an autopage if not more.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7712
look into Compustar alarms.
http://compustar.org/

my personal choice.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7713
I have the 2WSS-AS myself