12" ID MAX vs. 12" triple X vs. Avalanche.

brian999
Unregistered guest
i've narrowed down my search for a sub that is very loud and also has good sound quality. something that will be better than a 12" alpine type x. which of these three would be better.
12" ID MAX vs. 12" triple X vs. Avalanche.
i know it's not good comparing 12" to 15" sub but other than that which sub would be better. o i forgot to mention the eclipse titanium. which sub is best.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2726
in my opinon ahah the 15 ti is the best bet, or the 15 ava lol

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 123
Sub needs to open his mind to something OTHER THAN ECLIPSE lol. all three are incredible wish i could get one

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 48
Lol! Me too. If I had the cash, I would go with the avalanche. Man, that would be nice.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2736
honestly in alll honesty, i would go with the 12 x.x.x, but the 15 TI is amaazing

Bronze Member
Username: Atomoswav

Post Number: 24
I think the avalanche is the best all round, including price.

(Personally, though, I like the way the IDMAX sounds; especially in a good ported enclosure.)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3753
I'd go with the Max. Slot ported, tuned mid 20s.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2450
I agree with Jon on this one but the avalanche is great for thr price.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 202
All money issues aside,Go with the x.x.x.- I really don't want to say this because I know it will stir up an argument, but I've dealt with ID max,Ti's(& pro),X.X.X.,13W7 and other so called high end subs like the mtx 9500(all 15's by the way). Avalanche is next in my list of subs-to-try.I've tried them in diff size and shape enclosures(home built) and some even in SnailShell boxes wich I think are horrible especially for what they go for.Any how the cleanest,loudest bass came from x.x.x.NO BULL,Although I know subfanatic will disagree[eclipse freak,:-) ]I buy and try and sell them subs constantly just because I can get 'em very cheap not because I'm loaded,swimming in $100 bills.I'm currently trying out a single 18" x.x.x. with an Orion 1200d amp and its fu[ken insane.If possible try listening to 'em if not just go with x.x.x. What kind of music do you listen to anyways ?

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 203
Id max was 12", sorry

brian999
Unregistered guest
i listen to all sorts of music from rap to hiphop to rock to trance, upbeat, to vocal music and just instrumental music. but i usually turn the bass up for rap and rock. so from what the majority is saying, i should go with either the triple x or the avalanche. i have a jl audio 1000/1 so i'll probably try the avalanche since its sensitivity is higher so it won't require as much power to get full potential out of the sub.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 205
just build a 4.5 -5.0 enclosure tuned to around 28-29 Hz for the x.x.x and you'll be set, sweet.

brian999
Unregistered guest
one last question is are these the best enclosure for these subs. the id max in slot ported tuned near 30 hz? the triple x in slot ported tuned near 30 hz? the avalanche in sealed box??? correct me if i'm wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3757
"one last question is are these the best enclosure for these subs. the id max in slot ported tuned near 30 hz? the triple x in slot ported tuned near 30 hz? the avalanche in sealed box??? correct me if i'm wrong"

The ID Max works well tuned down to 25hz, ported I found it cleaner than the X.X.X, especially in higher frequencies. Of course it can be tuned higher as well. Sealed they are great, but the ID Max is optimal in ported or AP. X.X.X. works well in both, my only gripe with the X.X.X. and the Brahma is that it has a pretty bad rolloff starting around 60hz, and midbass transition from it is muddy and doesn't transition as well with your front drivers. We're all subject to opinion and what you like won't be what I like or what somebody else likes, it just doesn't boil down to what is better. As the post above indicates, we all have our preferences.

Bronze Member
Username: Atomoswav

Post Number: 25
To DR MAX:
Dude if yur loaded, why are you using the orion 1200d?
Damping factor at 1 ohm is 12.5, which is totally unacceptable to me. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2498
that amp is garbage Joe you are correct.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us