Alpine setup

Username: Kaurie09

Canada

Post Number: 1
Hey, my buddy just sold me his 12" Type R DVC 4 Ohm (300RMS/1000max) and bought my other friends' MRD-M500 (500RMS@ 2 Ohms) I plan on wiring the sub in parallel to get it down to 2 Ohm. I'm just wondering if I'll over power the sub cause I really don't want to blow it!

Thanks!

PS. dumb question, but what's the deal on the "phase shift" feature amps have and whats the difference between 0 & 180?? thanks again!

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 519
I wouldn't wire the sub to 500 watts if its rated at 300 watts RMS. Phase shift is when your speakers don't hit at the same time and it's designed to correct that and make them hit at the same time, more or less.

Canada

Post Number: 3
Thanks for the input....and I'm really not as dumb as the question seems, lol, its just that I've also got an MRD-M300 (300RMS@2 ohm) and I was talking to a few other car audio buff's and they said the sub would be way under powered.They said the Alpine Type-R's need a lot of power, so i don't know...

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 524
I think the 05 Type R's require more power than the older ones do. It's still not a smart bet to give a driver more power than the manufacturer suggest.

Canada

Post Number: 4
ok, thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us