Just a little confusion

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
I have the hifonics bx1500d amp. I was wondering, what kind of a fuse do I need to stick into the fuse holder that is by the battery? Also, I am totally confused how to wire two 12" Eclipse Ti that are Dual Voice coils at 4 ohms into parralel so that my amp will be pushing them at 1500 rms @ 1 ohm. A link to a picture diagram would be greatlly appriciated. Thank you all.

Bronze Member
Username: 1ohm

Dunnellon, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 17
Sorry no pic,but it's very easy to do.On each sub wire the voice coils positive to positive,Negative to negative.Now you have two speakers at two ohms each.Now wire the speakers to each other the same way positve to positve and negative to negative and whala both speakers togeather create 1 Ohm.Now your Brutus will work to it,s full potential."TAKE NOTE"I am under the impression that you mean the subs are 4 ohm total!If your subs are 4 ohm voice coils each then you will be at 2 ohms.You will then only get 900 watts total instead of the 1500 watts at 1 ohm.For your fuse you can use the blade type or either glass types.Don't matter just make sure you read the manual I don't remember if it's a 90 amp or 100 or 120 amp fuse rating.Have fun and let em rip!

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
These are the ones Im getting. THey are dual voice coils. http://www.eclipse-web.com/sw9100/sw9122.html I think it says each coil is 4 ohms. So does that mean the subwoofer itself is 8hms ? And I wont be able to connect them together in parallel in order to get one 1 ohm? Please advise so that maybe I can cancel the order before its too late. Thank You all.

Bronze Member

Dunnellon, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 19
They are indeed dual voice coils. 4+4 which will go up to 8 or down to 2.Thats right!I WAS WRONG! Wire them just as I said which is parallel.And you will be down to 1 ohm.I am sorry.It was very late!It's all Here.. . .
http://www.lalena.com/audio/faq/wiring/

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7668
coils in parallel, subs in parallel.
two dual 4-ohm coil subs will give a 1 ohm load on a mono amp.
fuse should be 150A and you should have a minimum of 2AWG cable from the battery to a d-block at the amp where you could drop to 4AWG.

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
I have two + + and two - - on my amp. So when I wire the coils together and then the subs, I should have only one + and one - going into one - and one + on the amp. Does this makes any sense what I've just said?

Bronze Member

Dunnellon, Florida U.S.A

Post Number: 20
Yes, You will only be using one + and one -.Usually the outer two speaker terminals are used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us