Does anyone know anything about alphasonik?

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 49
anyone???

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2209
i know that on their subs the basket is a big A lol, it stands for umm, a$$y lol, they look weird but i have never personalyl heard them, but i know some people who swear by it lol and some who hate it lol

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2390
Alphasonik is very similar to Audiobahn amps. Check them out. They even share the same building.
I'd rate their quality to be the same as Audiobahn.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3714
Just look at their speakers, you'll tell right away that they came from the same great minds that brought you the chrome flame basket. There are enough Alpha symbols on those speakers to supply a college worth of frathouses.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 981
Yeah, but I thought frats usually employed the uppercase "Alpha" instead..... if there is such a thing.

:P

But seriously, a couple dozen years ago Alphasonik made some pretty decent stuff. Of course back then there wasn't a lot of amps to choose from. Most peeps weere using really horrendous sounding power EQ's. RF's first offerings(Punch 40, Punch 100, predecessors of the vaunted Punch 45,75,150)hit like a mofo but sounded awful while playing higher frequencies. Alpasonik's amp weren't nearly as punchy but sure did sound much more musical. They even had a very expensive 130 watt Class A model back when 65 watts a side was big stuff.

My very first amp was a 40x2 Alphasonik. It wasn't as "loud", but sounded way better than Alpine's first 50x2 offerings. Seems like most of the punchier(underated?) stuff back then got its power at the expense of a substantial amount of THD. My buddy replaced his Alpine with a ~1982 Punch 40 and it sounded terrible for mids and highs, but sure spanked that thing in raw output.

Today's stuff?.... haven't a clue.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2397
Most old amps were well built. The question is now.
If you really want to know where Alphasonik is coming from, look up their address. Then look up Audiobahn's address. You will find one that's located in the SAME building. The only difference is the phone number.
Maybe on a good day, when one of the tech guys are drunk, they might say "Audiobahn Tech Support speaking" on the phone.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3718
Yeah, they were bought out, and now it's all show and much less go. They started in the 70s I believe, used to be good stuff. Car audio wasn't that popular back then, though.

Bronze Member
Username: Truckguy

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 44
i have 2 10s alphasonik 200 series and they sound good but would sound alot better if i had a bigger box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us