Two 12" Kicker Comp CRV or Two 12" Infinity Kappa Perfects 12.1D

Bronze Member
Username: Creative

CA USA

Post Number: 16
Out of these two brands and subs which one would you get? I looking for both SQ and SPL.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1380
I think you will get better results with the Kicker cvr's. I've heard 1 12 and it sounded really clean.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2109
i had 2 10 inch kicker comp vr's, and quite frankly, my fav sub ive ever owned

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 515
yup for best of both worlds go kicker cvr. Infinity is more on the sq side and not that much spl at all.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2114
i have 2 10 inch infinti kappa components RIGHT now and they sound great, no doubt a little bit better of sq than the cvr's, my frist subs, but the cvr's killed, no, m0lested the kappas in spl lol

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 517
do cvr's come in 8's?

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 518
opp's sorry Chung, forget the question i asked.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2117
lol, yea i saw a few floating around ebay earlier, im pondernig getting some for either my kicks or for my garage

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 17
How would SPL on the infinity 12.1D compare to the CRV's and SQ?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2128
i have owned both, but in 10 inches, and i had both in sealed boxes, both run by the same amp to lol, but the comp vr's easily take the spl, and the infinity's def take the sq, but not by much

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 18
So I should just got the CRV's since the 12.1D's are pretty outdated? Well I guess I m going to go for the CRV's then. I have another question though.

At Circuit City they have two Kicker Comps CRV 12's in the box for $400. At the same price they have the one Kicker L5 12" in the box for $400. Which do you guys think is a better buy?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-Dual-12-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Package-DCVR12 -/sem/rpsm/oid/117529/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

CRV's ^^^^^

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-12-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Package-VS12L5-/sem /rpsm/oid/117528/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

L5^^^^^^

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2129
are you set on buying at cc, cause you can do better prices on the net!, if your not set hit me back and well try to help you find it for better prices, but the LD would get loud but have bad bad sq

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2131
well i didnt know so im going to show you anways casue im relaly bored lol, but i dont know if you want the older subs (much nicer looking) in my opinion lol, or the new ones, so ill do it for both

Old subs-best price i could find is 83 bucks each at thezeb.com

http://www.thezeb.com/p-Kicker-03CVR122-12-inch-Subwoofer-105897.htm

HERE is a dual chamber sealed box for them its right near the perfect specs of sealed enclosure for them

http://www.thezeb.com/p-SubZone-HC-12DS-108447.htm

saved ya like 200 bucks lol

ok now the the new

http://www.electronicgiant.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_49_141&products _id=5218&osCsid=5aa770682ec5ee80ff08c17f9090181e

heres the best price i could find for them, and they can use the same box as the old ones, both the new and the old require a box that is 1.0-4.6 cubic feet sealed i believe, so here ya go if this helps ya

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 20
I m not sure if I want to buy it there. Yeah maybe I could get it cheaper somewhere on the net. The so the two 12" CRV's would have better SQ then the L5?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2133
yea in my expierience for sure

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 21
Thanks! The guys at CC say the old comps are really bad and the new one's out performs it in SPL, SQ, and reliabilty.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2135
umm ok, you can listen to him if you want, but then again, they just picked up that kicker line like amonth ago, i dont know how he would know that and in my expierience CC and BB guys know nothing and both companies refuse to hire me lol, apparently there guys school me in the ways lol, but i like the old ones alot better, i had absolutly no problem with mine, its alll up to you thuogh

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 22
In my opinion I think the new one's look better. But why are the new subs on this site so cheap? I notice that the shipping is expensive but I m still saving money.

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 23
Well that guy said he's been using Kicker products for many years now or something, but I don't know. Haha

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2139
lol, most of them no jack squat lol, but i just think the old ones are nice and slick, but if you like the new ones, and people say theya re better, more power to ya, get em

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 24
Yeah. Should I go ported or sealed? And what amp should i use go power them? I m also on a budget too of around 600 dollars.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2142
well i would go sealed for the sq, my opinion, i like those boxes i showed ya, so lets say you stick with that, then you have ike 300 left over for an amp, ill look for an amop

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2143
they are both dual 2 ohm so in my opinion, i would wire in parrellel then in seires, i think thats how its done to get a 2 ohm load so look at a mono amp thats rated around 800 watts rms at 2 ohms, maybe the ednine.1

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 25
"mica-filled polymineral cone Santoprene rubber surround dual 2-ohm voice coil frequency response 25-500 Hz power range 50-400 watts RMS (200 watts RMS per coil) peak power handling 800 watts sensitivity 86.5 dB SPL top-mount depth 5-13/16" sealed box volume 1.0-4.6 cubic feet ported box volume 1.75-2.25 cubic feet Disclaimer"

http://www.electronicgiant.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_49_141&products _id=5218

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2145
i would suggest using the ednine.1 its 350 dollers shipped, and its 900 watts rms mono at 2 ohms, great build quality of that amp i hear, run each sub with 450 watts rms, a little over there rated, but you can watch the gains carefully

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 26
Could you give me a link for that amp?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2147
umm, i think its... www.elementaldesigns.com or www.edesignsaudio.com

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 27
is it this one?

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product.php?cid=4&pid=6&cur=USD

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2148
thats the one, amazing amp

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 28
Do you have it yourself?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2149
no, but this summer hope to buy one

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 29
Well thanks for all your help. So I m going to get two Kicker Comp CRV's, ednine.1 Amp, and Dual 12" Sealed Enclosure. So how would the SQ with a ported box sound like because the Kicker Box is ported.

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 30
I also have a 1996 Acura Integra Two Door Hatchback do you think two twelves would fit okay in the trunk?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2155
yea fit fine, but sq will go down if its ported

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 31
Well I went to my local audio store today and they said that it's best sealed because it's a hatchback. I also told them about the low prices online for the CRV's and they said that the subs are refurbished subs and that they're is no warranty. Are they right or wrong?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2159
read that paragraph at the bottom next to the comp vr at electonics giants.com read the bottom 3 lines. and it will be best sq sealed, best spl ported

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 32
Oh LOL. I missed read that! Sorry about that.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2160
lol noprob, im starting to believe your local car audio palce is retarded

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 33
Oh yeah I don't get why it's priced so low. Well at Stereo City the guy offered me two CRV 12", two channel amp, dual box and the wiring for $655. I found that price a little to pricey compared to how much it costed on online.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2162
cause online is better

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 34
Yeah it is. Well have you ever bought anything from electricgaint? If so do you know the quality of there service and such?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2163
they are amazing, i bought my 15 inch Ti from them, its awesome!

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 35
I see. Well tomorrow I plan on buying everything. The box you show'd me is the box I should get for the CRV's right?

http://www.thezeb.com/p-SubZone-HC-12DS-108447.htm

Oh do you know how long it takes for the subs and the amp to come in from those two sites? Thanks

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 36
Should I just buy the box at a store because the box with shipping and handling is 95 bucks online and at Stereo City it's 85.

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 37
Okay well if I buy my system online it would cost $650: two CRV's for 200, ednine.1 Amp $350, and box $100.

If I buy it at Stereo City it would cost $616: two CRV's for 260, somebrand two channel amp rated at 600, and box for 85. And this coming Wednesday they're having a major sell so they're going to give me better deals for the stuff. I don't know what to do right now. The amp at stereo city doesn't seem that great as the ednine.1 Amp, but I dont know.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2164
the box i showed you on the internet is a great box for your subs, great airspace, but if you want to buy the box from stereo city do that, BUT make sure its sealed somewhere from 1.0cubic feet-4.6 cubic feet, then your set, otherwise buy that box, but def get the ednine.1, its a great amp and wont p00p out and is prolly underrated, i mean no doubt one day you will prolly decide to upgrade to higher more powerful grade subs, and you already have the amp to do instead having to replace that to

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 38
Okay so I have decided that I m going to the buy the ednine.1 amp since I might want stronger better subs in the future. And I m not sure about the box, but I m probaly buying the subs online.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2169
i would buy the subs online, and the ednine.1, but if you can, build your own box, sealed boxes are fairly easy, and i could build you a sealed box for 50 bucks plus shipping if you were intereseted, im building a couple boxes today and giong to get materials and such, me and my friend are giong to a comp tonight so im building a couple ported boxes and i could throw you on the list, ill do it for 50 plus shipping if you want, ill do carpeted and everything at 1.5 cubic feet per chamber for 2 12's

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 39
I see. How much would the shipping be? I m starting to get my mind set on the box at stereo city.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2171
lol
i dont know prolly like 25 or 30 bukcs

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 40
so it's going to cost around 80 dollars I m guessing.

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 43
Hey do you think I should buy the subs at ebay? It's cheaper than that one site.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5767844765 %26%26

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2183
yea

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 44
and how about this box?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14945%26item%3D5766910711 %26

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2186
what is the air space of each chamber

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 45
it doesn't say.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2190
i know, but its built for them, so why not?

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 46
would you buy it if you were in my situation with a limited budget?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2195
no, i would bbuild my own lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2257
my offer still stands to, ill build you the box for 50 plus shipping

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 49
If I buy a bought from you how am I going to pay you and stuff?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2293
mail order lol

Unregistered guest
I just bought a new car and want to add some bass to the system. I don't know a lot about subs and amps, but I heard the kicker comp vrs and I really like them. I've read the stuff on this site and I think I'm going to go with this sub. I have a couple questions though.
1. I don't want to take up my entire trunk (2005 ion redline) so I was thinking that I would go with just one 12. I'm not looking for huge bass, but I want something that sounds good and that I can bump occasionally. Is one sub enough?
2. I know that the online prices are a lot better than going to a store, my only problem is that I don't really know how to install stereos. I'm pretty good at following directions and I think I could figure it out, but I don't want to mess up my car. Does anyone think this would be a good idea (installing it myself)? If not where should I go to have it installed?
3. I am going to keep my factory deck for now (I have xm and a 6 disc changer so I don't want, or need, to upgrade right now). Would this make installation a lot more difficult?
4. Also, if the one sub is sufficient what kind of amp should I get, and what type of enclosure?

I know this is kind of a lot, but any advice would be greatly appreciated

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2307
if you have Aim, im me NOW, lol its nushaganazad lol

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 54
They don't have the Ednine1. Amp in stock right now it's backordered. So what amp do you think i should get?

Bronze Member

CA USA

Post Number: 55
Any ideas?

jessey
Unregistered guest
is the 12"(1 of them) atlas going to be better those kickers? because poeple say they are and arn't, n i need ta kno

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2561
i would take the atlas lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us