Isaac,James/ Orion HCCA 250g4

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 691
I found a new one at cardomain.com http://www.cardomain.com/item/ORIHCCA250G4

I havent had much luck on ebay as they are refurbished or old. This is the one right

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2378
If you compare that amp with RF/Kicker's 800w - 1000w rms, the price is very reasonable. Used ones go for $300 average on eBay used. So if you have the cash, go for it. If I weren't so fortunate with my 3 G4 amps, I would probably pay that much and buy it new. You won't find an amp with all the G4's features.
Whatever you do, if you decide to get it, don't sell it later. Keep it as a collector's item. The same applies for PPI's Art series.

Silver Member

Post Number: 692
IM with you on that isaac. I still wanna sell my zapco 500m referance mono ab amp and then get the g4. It whould be a nice even exchange cause they are about the same price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
Also will 250g4 be ok with my eclipse deck thats 8v preouts. Just keep the gains low or somthing?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2380
Set the level/gain on G4 to minimum and it'll handle 9v.

Silver Member

Post Number: 694
I love how its so versatile!!!

POWER OUTPUT
2 x 50 @ 4 Ohm
2 x 100 @ 2 Ohm
2 x 200 @ 1 Ohm
2 x 400 @ .5 Ohm
1 x 200 @ 4 Ohm
1 x 400 @ 2 Ohm
1 x 800 @ 1 Ohm

I hear it can do 1100 watts @ 1ohm

Gold Member

Post Number: 2385
With 14.4v, it'll be close to it. Don't forget about the crossover controls as well as separate phase shift switch, and LP,HP and Bandpass setting. Comes in handy if you ever wanted to send only certain range of frequency to either the front or rear.

Silver Member

Post Number: 695
How efficiant is this amp. Is it a class AB??? i know it does 2 30A atc fuses. Not bad for an amp that can put out close to 1000rms..

Silver Member

Post Number: 697
also what is the voltage ratings on this amp?? like from 12-14.4 or somthing???

Silver Member

Post Number: 700
just checking

Gold Member

Post Number: 2388
The G4 is class AB and is pretty good with power. It's not power hungry like Audiobahn's HCT models.
The rated power is @ 12v. So in your car it's close to 14v, meaning you'll get more power.
Anyway you look at it, it's one wicked amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 701
Sweet...im gonna buy it brand new from cardomain since they are authorized dealer after i sell my PPI PCX 2200 800 watt rms amp on ebay. If anyone is intersted i have it on ebay now so check it out while its hot. Its in perfect condition as i take care of all my audio. Comes with original box and owners manuel with all plugs and extra speaker wiring. Let them know isaac how good this amp is. Anyone who doesnt know how good this amp is then check out this review from the experts - http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_192.shtml

p.s. i have 100% feed back on ebay so bid with confidance. My name on ebay is suleman36 and you can just search ppi pcx 2200

Silver Member

Post Number: 703
Sweet...im gonna buy it brand new from cardomain since they are authorized dealer after i sell my PPI PCX 2200 800 watt rms amp on ebay. If anyone is intersted i have it on ebay now so check it out while its hot. Its in perfect condition as i take care of all my audio. Comes with original box and owners manuel with all plugs and extra speaker wiring. Let them know isaac how good this amp is. Anyone who doesnt know how good this amp is then check out this review from the experts - http://carsound.com/articles/publish/article_192.shtml

p.s. i have 100% feed back on ebay so bid with confidance. My name on ebay is suleman36 and you can just search ppi pcx 2200

Gold Member

Post Number: 2411
MO you should advertise in the "subs" forum also.

Bronze Member
Username: Atomoswav

Post Number: 20
I have a question. If you look at the url from the first post, the fuse rating is listed as 2x30 amps. The Orion manual says the same thing. That comes out to 864 watts @ 14.4 volts. What am I missing?

Bronze Member
Username: Atomoswav

Post Number: 20
I have a question. If you look at the url from the first post, the fuse rating is listed as 2x30 amps. The Orion manual says the same thing. That comes out to 864 watts @ 14.4 volts. What am I missing?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2436
Joe sy, what you're missing out on is, 250G4 comes with 2 30A fuses for 8 gauge plugs AND 2 40A fuses for 4 gauge plugs. I think the 4 gauge is an upgrade/option.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us