Subwoofer test track? plus question on alpine type x...

Bronze Member
Username: Strode

Ft Collins, CO

Post Number: 12
i just got my alpine type x, and i'm running 1000 watts rms to it. i used to have an infinity perfect 12 with 500 watts, but it blew after four years, and i upgraded....or so i thought. i have the alpine in a sealed box, but it sounds more like it's in a bandpass. it gets very good frequency response in the middle range of typical subwoofer bass. but the lower and higher ends trail off a ton. the music i listen to hits a lot of different bass tones in succession, and i really don't like how they all play at different volumes now (on my infinity they all hit at least close to the same volume range, and the bass sweeps didn't trail off at the beginning or the end).

so anyway, i'm trying to find a track that has either solid bass tones or sweeps that can tell me what frequency the tones are at, so i can at least try to eq some of the bass down and try to get a flatter response. has anyone else had this "problem" with the type X? i know my friend's 12w7 does the same thing, but only on the high end (it DEFINITELY doesn't struggle on the low end).

skyliner17
Unregistered guest
alpine type x are suppose to be in a slot ported box. not a sealed box. the box seems to be the problem.

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 145
That happens with my ported box, but I think it's because its just tuned too high. I don't see why a type X would do that in a sealed box though.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2709
skyliner, type x's are built for bandpass, vented, and SEALED mainly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us