Need a good set of 6.5" comps

Bronze Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 99
i need a good st of 6.5" comps that can handle up to 100w or 150w rms. My price range is up to $250 and i'm probably gonna go online like ebay beacause thats the cheapest i've found so far for stuff. any and all suggestions are welcome thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 315
Infinity Kappa Perfects 6.1, I have them and love them. Got them for $220 shipped on eBay. They are bright with th highs though.. I like it that way. You should also look into CDT, and MB Quart.

Username: Bob_falfa

NE

Post Number: 6
I have recently installed MB Quart DSE 216. I picked them up for $150. They handle 50 - 150 rms. I am running 50 rms to them and I am amazed by the sound. They provide good bass and great highs.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2374
You can have the best components in the world but without proper enclosure, it'll sound normal once it's in your door panels.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 686
Hey isaac except for alittle damping like dynamat do i need anything extra when i get my id cxs62's installed???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2377
I'd get the speaker foam baffle. It will help reduce the speaker from bottoming out. Makes it weatherproof also. They cost around $12 for 6.5" enclosure.
I ordered my kit.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3705
After you add the foam baffles, the midbass sucks though, hardly any airspace. Most car midbass drivers are optimized for infinite baffle. Check the speaker depth before ordering them, some speakers are too deep to utilize them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2392
Good point, you can order different depth. So check your speaker first.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3715
Even if they didn't fit, you can always cut the rear out and still get a little protection from moisture, or at least drips. Main concern IMO is midbass, especially with drivers optimized for free air usage, but you could cut a hole in it. Even if they don't work they're cheap.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us