?????

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2182
15 inch avalanch vs the 12 inch Ti, just wondering what would hit harder and sound better, just opinions guys, both in sealed boxes, both with correct power?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1278
well newbie, its not all the sub, but since you are comparing a 15 to a 12 and, the 15 has just as much xmax and power handling capabilities, i would say the avalanche, as for sound quality it would be very close because the cone movement ont the 15 is just as fast as the 12. i would go 15. avalanche, and 1 has a flatter bl curve then the other, lower fs and etc. as a member on this board would say you need to compare apples to apples. (yes it is jon)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2187
HAHA, HAHA, HAHA, ok fine, i was comparing these two casue they are the same money wise basically, but ok fine, 15 ti vs 15 ava

Bronze Member
Username: Jthree

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 17
where the hell can you get 2 12 inch eclipse ti's for 300$ i would love to know that.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2071
You can't?

Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 10
Well sub, this is just my opinion here, even tho the eclipse is only a 12" they should hit about the same depending on how you built their boxes becase at that power level there wont be a massive differnce, but for quality go for the eclipse hands down, I owned a 12" alum from eclipse and it was incredibly clear, and the TI's are supposed to be even beter

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2361
not knocking eclipse or anything but have you ever heard the avalanche? it is capable of the same SPL #'s as the eclipse TI and the sound quality is very similar if not better, but that is subjective so it doesnt really make a difference. Ascendant audio uses the XBL2 motor the same motor used in the brahma and REXXX. They are great subs and their low price tag makes them a better buy then the TI in my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 152
j/w james how do you figure the avalanche is capable of the same SPL numbers as the eclipse TI if they are both 15 inch subs? considering the eclipse has a 10mm higher x-max? And i havent heard the avalanches but i doubt their SQ would be comparable with the eclipse TI either, not much is

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1279
the eclipse ti has 37 mm of xmax? or does the ti pro? it compares, trust me. and he was also comparing a 12 to 15. i take the avalanche, hands down

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
he changed it to 15 inch of each, and the eclipse TI subs have 1.5 inches of x-max and if you do the math that converts to 38.1mm, and cone surface area shouldnt be that different so whether the avalanche can compare SQ wise or not, the eclipse should be noticeably louder

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1285
not really, do you think that a brahma and the x are as loud as a ti on spl, basically the same sub, 2mm less of excursion though, and they are a whole lot cheaper, with better motor tech, imo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
I think the eclipse TI is louder than a brahma and X.XX too, the brahma has 2mm more than the avalanche, X.XX has 3 more than brahma, and eclipse TI has 6 more than the X.XX, all with relatively the same cone area, therefore the eclipse TI should be and is the loudest.

Silver Member

Post Number: 156
Dont get me wrong i think all of the other subs mentioned are great but just not quite as good as the eclipse TI.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1290
same here just on the other side eclipse nice sub, but im a supporter or xbl^2

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2201
ok guys, well i finnally finished my "mock" box, its a nice box but im giong to buiild a better one soon and i hooked it up with 600 watts rms, just to be safe you know, and it was THE loudest sytem i have ever personally heard, i had the kids over with the 2 12 inch sony's the kid with the x.x.x and the kid with the w7 and it completly WIPED THERE A$$E$ clean in spl and sq. this sub went above my expectatinos and i cant wait to build a better quality box. guys i am very impressed with this sub, and i am also considering buying a 15 ava to because of the ncie price and can be run off the new power acoustics amp i got yesterday

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3712
It isn't all about X-max. You will rarely hit full rated x-max in applications, at the resonant frequency of a sealed system is when you'll hit x-max most often, and also at very low frequencies with max power. At these frequencies, you generally don't belt out huge SPL because they are so low. At most times you'll rarely exceed 10mm of excursion, even at high volume listening. With ported boxes x-max is pretty well thrown out the window as you are not going to hit anything near x-max at tuning unless you have ungodly amounts of power (MUCH, MUCH more than what the coil can handle for more than a couple of seconds). Sealed box to sealed box the Avalanche will win out. Ported to Ported, Avalanche still has the surface area advantage, but the Ti screams ported and they have one of the strongest motors you'll get in a sub in this category (stronger than the Brahma, X.X.X., Avalanche), which helps make up for the surface area disadvantage you have when comparing 12" to 15". The Ti 12" has a very small surface area for a 12" due to the large surround. I'd still say the Avalanche would win in most scenarios. For those wondering, the BL curve of the Ti is actually really good, due mainly to the motor strength and the long voice coil. TC Sounds has a motor assembly right now that has a flatter curve than XBL^2, but it hasn't yet made it to any production subs, at least not that I know of. As far as SQ, I like the Tis better than the Brahmas and X.X.X.'s but that's just personal preference.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2306
jon obviosuly doesnt know sh*t, cuase my 76 inches of xmax on my cars door owns your trunk lid everyday

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 229
jonathan u backed up what i was saying in another thread :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us