12" Atlas question

Bronze Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 73
i am going to get a 12" Atlas soon but have a few question. on their site it says it can hit hard with only 250 watts, is this rms or max. im thinking its rms, if so what is the subs max handling power? Also will 1 Atlas be enough to provide good sound? Last question is on the site it says diff. wiring ways to achieve diff. Qts (low,med,high). which of these should i wire the sub to?

vsvas
Unregistered guest
I am also looking to get a Atlas, what i read from their site, you can have variable Qts at 2.0 cubic feet sealed box, then you can change Qts setting according to your taste.
If you are going to get Atlas 12", how are you going to get a box.

Bronze Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 74
i was thinking i would just buy one off of an online company, do the Atlas need any special box or wood thickness?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2073
Yes, it's 250 rms, but they can run just fine with less and more. Don't worry about max ratings, they meen pretty much nothing.

Yes 1 Atlas should be fine if you want a little bump and great sound quality for a good price.

Your gonna wire the sub to whatever qts works the best for the box your gonna put it in.

The lowest qts setting is the most common and you'll use it if your gonna use a small sealed box.
The mid qts setting is used with a larger box.
You're only gonna use the high qts setting if your running infinite baffel (just mounted to a wall).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us