Will my alternator/battery go?

Username: Beatleringo

Post Number: 3
i have a 2004 toyota echo hatch. I want to but an amp in to run 2 10" subs. what should i look for before purchasing the amp to ensure i dont over exert the alternator or battery?

Thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 118
how many watts is the amp you want to run and how many amps is you alternator?

Post Number: 4
i have not purchased the amp yet, and i'm not sure how many amps the alternator is. What should i look for, x alternator amps should not exceed y watts of the amp.

Username: J_dog

Post Number: 5
I not sure wat to tell you but i know when we hooked up a 2200 watt amp in a 97 grand prix it didnt bother the power and it was for 2 12" and if u have 2 10" i think you shoud be fine no mater what kind of amp you buy but when you sart getting screens,ps2,dvd plyrs and all that then you should start thinking about a bigger alternator, or a capcitator, or a spare battery

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7589
try the amplifier in the car with the stock electrical system and an amp wiring kit.
if you don't have any issues with lights dimming, you're fine.
if you do have problems, address them then.

Post Number: 6
thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1397
2200 watt amp? hahaha either it was a legacy, sony, or you are reading max rating's! There is no way a true 2200 watt amp wouldn't pull down an electrical system!

Bronze Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 51
hey now dont hate on legacy I have 2 12" legacys that are 600 watts RMS I have a 1200x2 amp and they sound nice, but I mean they were cheap and sound 100x better then any stock stereo, dont worry im upgrading to kicker and infinity kappas :p

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1409
I have the Kappa's, but I'm not that happy with them actually! Make sure you take a good listen to them befor you buy them.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
well I heard there really good, was ganna go with the references but I think ima go with the infinity kappas perfect 6.1

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1412
There really good, don't get me rong, but they aren't the sound I was looking for thats all. I don't know what sound you are looking for, but the Kappa's are really crisp and bright... I like the warm loud sound... haha its kind of hard to explain over a computer!:-)
The best advice I can give you is try to listen to them befor you buy.
Also, my subs kind of smother them, killing the sound. I prob could of whent with a little louder set of component's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
well I have L7's with a kicker kx1200.1 so they prolly will bump real loud. I was told I should be perfect if I get the kappas tho, but I want loudness any advice?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1416
The Kappa's will do, I can hear the music over the bass, it just isn't the sound I really like. I don't think I'll be changing though.:-) MB Quart's are pretty good to, they have the sound I like, but go figure, I didn't hear them until after I had my Kappas!:-)
Yup, you're l7's should bump nicely.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us