1500 watt Boss Riot Amp

Username: Mader114

Post Number: 1
I was just wondering I have a 1500 watt Boss Amp and it was working great wit my 2 rockford hx2's but one day i was driving home and they went out for like 20-30 min then i shut the car off went and looked at all the fuses and they were fine so i went back in and tryed them again and they started to work again but only for about 5 minutes i was wondering what could it be or what should i do to get it working again

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2402
Check your gain/level setting. It could be that the amp is getting overloaded. It should be set properly according to your HU. Also check your speaker wires for short.
Was the amp hot when it shut down?
FYI, Boss amps aren't that high in quality.

Post Number: 2
It wasnt really hot but it kinda had one of those smells but i mean it still worked and i have a remote in the front to turn it down but i had it almost all the way down and it still shut off i just dont wanna have to buy a new amp becuase my system is worth more than my car lol and i dont feel like sticking more money into it so ya what else could i do

Gold Member

Post Number: 2405
I'd check the gain/level control then. That is the only way an amp will get over driven. Make sure it's set half way for 4v HU (assuming the Boss amp has 8v max setting).

Post Number: 4
k thanks ill try that

Bronze Member
Username: Jeze

Post Number: 30
Hey Matt, do u feel as though your 1500 watt Boss Riot Amp performs at its ratted power which is 1500 watts rms for the Boss Riot 2500D (I'm assuming that you have this)?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2412
Sean it's not matter of getting 1500w rms out of an amp. What's more important is, how much distortion/clipping is mixed in. That will destroy the subs. Depending on the severity, it can burn out a sub in matter of minutes or months.
This is why the pros never ever waste their money/time on Boss/Pyramid/Sony/Lanzar/Pyle/Hifonics etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us