Alpine Type X

Bronze Member
Username: Skaman272

Post Number: 19
I just purchaed one of these bad boys to replace my audiobahn flame Q. What have you guys heard about the Type X's, i'm runing it off a D-Class Monoblock pushing 1100w RMS @ 2 ohms (%0.5 THD at that load).

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1940
Pretty good for the price. Not bad for subs in the 1000 watts rms range. It's not top of the line, but their not super expensive either.

Bronze Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 88
good luck getting one that works good. I know a lot of people who have ordered bad ones, and people online said they had a bad batch or somthing. Just warnin ya.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
cool, i'll be heads up on that, i'll check to see if it works ASAP. what have you guys heard about them performance wise??

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1344
Great for the price, ok sq/spl.

Username: Strode

Ft Collins, CO

Post Number: 4
^great for the price? aren't they like $400 retail? but hey if they perform better than other $400 speakers that's fine....mine should be here by now but the guy on ebay i got it from is slacking way hard, so when it arrives i'll repost

Username: Strode

Ft Collins, CO

Post Number: 5
oh and to michael, don't be surprised if you have to turn the gain up on your amp to get a similar volume level, the type x has a really low sensitivity (low 80's), while i'm pretty sure the audiobahns are very sensitive (mid to high 90's). but depending on your box it might not make a difference.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1994
Tracy, the gain on your amp has nothing to do with the sensitivity of the subwoofer. The gains are used to match the output voltage of your headunit. Sensitivity ratings really don't meen all that much when it comes to subwoofers anways.

As for the $400 retail price... You can get them for like $250 off ebay.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1349
Lol, you don't even have to go to ebay for that price...

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 197
they started at around 400, but they dropped quick. you can find them for around 250 at an internet store now.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I got my type x from ikesound.com for 250 (shipping included). I just tested it and it works fine. what can I expect from it in a sealed enclosure (built to alpine's specs) with the amp I mentioned earlier? I'm just wondering cuz it's going to be at least another week b4 I get my car back from the body shop (body kit!! :D) and I'm just a little on edge if it's going to live up to my expectations. I chose the type x cuz I thought it would be better than a JL w6 and for alot less money... I'm not THAT concerned with SPL so long as it hits as hard as a W6, my system is plenty loud, I'm more concerned with SQ. were my assumptions correct?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2033
If you are that worried about sq I woulda gone with a w6v2 instead, but spl wise I can't say which will be louder. The Type X should match up. I guess the biggest factor is the price. If you want a new w6v2, your gonna pay almost twice as much as the Type X.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
yea that was my concern, i guess i got a good deal. i just don't get it how the heck does JL make a 400 watt sub that can compare to a 1000 watt sub... amazing... hey i should start a thread about that, it'll be a riot to see what some of the newbs to audio say...

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1361
Lol, yup.
I still can't figure it out either! Just think, you could buy 2 typeX's, and you would really slam:-) instead of just buying 1 w6.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us