Alpine MRV amp help

Username: Atomgonuclear

Post Number: 1
Ok, today I got two new sony 10" subs and they are 4 ohms each SVC. but anyway, I them both up to the amp (Alpine MRV-1505) it worked great, and it's a bandpass box but the subs are facing each other so I switched the possitive and negative on one of the subs, so while one goes in the other goes out. But after I had switched them it just stopped working....... there was a small bump from the subs when I changed over the wires. it was still turned on when I did it...... did I just kill the amp??? I kno it has tons of protection against this stuff..... but the power light still turns on and everything, and I tested the subs on my other amp they still work, what could be the problem coudl I fix it?? the wiring is fine too. why would the amp just stop playing music on both channels? If I change over the switch to "low impedance" the light turns yellow too, even though its not low impedance. please help thanks

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 281
sounds like you blew a fuse on the amp when it "bumped" while changing the wires over. and by changing the wireing like you said, where when ones out the others in, you are chanceling the subs out.

Post Number: 2
Nope, I checked the fuse and it looks fine to me and I used a volt meter to make shure it works and the light is still on, is there some kind of internal fuse?

Bronze Member
Username: Abew330

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 54
wire everything bac to the way it was... and c if it still does what u say...

Post Number: 3
I did, I wired everything 100percent back to normal, I cracked open the case a long while back I think I remember glass fuses inside of it, I have no clue I'm just going to try it later again today and see if it's internal fuses, I really dont think such a good amp would just blow out like that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us