Competition

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 192
Well me and 5 other buddies of mine all pitched in a bought a 1995 Chevy S10.We are goin to make a show truck out of it. Last night we ripped that truck apart to start work on the sound deadning in the cab, since i have 3 gallons of edead v3 and about 50sq ft of edead v1se.We have decided for show purposes to do a blowthru instead of the Camper shell deal. We will Run 2 15" X.X.X(we will tune the box to get nasty loud) And 2 ED NINE.1 and a ED NINE.2 for the componets. Say we decided to enter into spl competitions, what rules do we need do abide by for the audio setup. I heard some people talking about burping with 200amp fuses or whatever. I just wanna know the rules so we can compete.Can someone direct me where i can read up on this.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 547
If you compete in USACi events, you will be in mod 301-900 if you do a blow-thru and use 2 nine.1's. All yea have to do in that class is keep your enclosure behind the b-pillar. Also, your voltage cannot exceed 18V.

here are the Usaci rules:
http://www.soundoff.org/05splrules.htm

In dBDrag events, you would prolly be in Super-Street 1-2. Here are the dB Drag rules:
http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/2005/rules05.html

S10's can get pretty darn loud, reasonably easy. With the right install, you should do 150-55dB w/ just a lil work and some know-how.

Hit me on AIM some time man(southern1inla86)...i'd like to see how your install goes. I have an ext cab silverado that I am prolly gonna do 2 SX15's and 2 kx1200.1's in come bout next fall.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 193
I really like the idea of an adjustable tune box.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 570
Yea...having an adjustable port can save alot of build time. You can retune the box w/o having to completly rebuild it.

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
how do you make an adjustable tune box

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 194
I added you to AIM my screen name is burpin160db

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 195
Well The S10 Plan has changed. It will Now be a 1999 Nissa Frontier.Will get some pics later of the truck.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 196
Here are a few pics http://webpages.charter.net/allen415. BTW we payed 500 dollars for the truck and it runs :D

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 597
$500??!!??...that was a really good buy man. A cut-through in that truck is gonna be insane...lol

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 200
marshall...u want me 2 add u...im doin almost the same thing, olnly with my dads old s10.
check my thread 2 c wat it has(Talk about ntertainment is the thread), my aim is eclipsekeen54

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 598
sure man...add me

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2285
wow that looks like you found a good deal for $500:-) good luck with that it should be NASTY. I dont know if you have ever done a cut through before but they make this grommit that seals it right up from the bed to the cab and it looks good and is really cheap. They sell it at most automotive stores. just something to look into.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us