Mounting depth?

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 105
i have no idea what the mounting depth is in my car. i kno there are many sites to find speaker sizes for cars, does anyone know a site to find mounting depth? thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 264
4 step method to find mounting depth
step 1. take off door panel
step 2. take out speaker
step 3. measure depth
step 4. put it all back together
lol, no site i've found offers mounting depth in info, just sizes. don't guess they think depth is important or that it varries from speaker to speaker.

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
lol,ok thanks. if it turns out the mounting depth is too big, its still possible for me to get it in SOMEHOW tho, right? with adapters or something?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 269
that depends on the door panels. you can cut a mounting ring from a piece of MDF to increase the depth you have avaliable, but this will also bring the speaker out which could hit on the door panel. options with that, you can usually cut down the panel some, because its usually only one point that hits the speaker. you'll have to look and see what you can do this this

Silver Member

Post Number: 113
whats an MDF?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 242
Its wood. Like particle board, usually used to make sub enclsures. It would be good to add extra mounting depth to a door because it would absorb most of the vibration and give out a cleaner sound.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 243
You should be able to find it at your local Home Depot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
ok thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us