Help me build a competition vehicle...

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2023
Me and a buddy are gonna start stripping the inside of a Jeep Cherokee. First, were gonna rip everything from right behind the driver's seat and back out, clean to the metal. Then we're gonna insulate it with something, probably spray a ton of liquid eDead on. Maybe something else if you got any-ideas. We're gonna weld some square tubing behind the seats for wall studs, and then slap up some thick sheet wood, and fill the inside of the wall with foam or something. Replace all the glass with plexi glass, (lift if a little and put some 30's or 40's on it, :-) ), and we're ready for equipment. First, we'll build a custom bracket to mount more than one alternator, and build a box for a bank of batteries in the back. We're gonna experiment with running some kinda tube under the jeep and running the main power line from the alts to batteries through that, so we know the line stays safe and to get it outta the way. Now, we need to decide on what to run. We wanna try some medium priced stuff first, probably the cheaper the better, and move our way up. Thinking 2 or 4 18's, and then we'll need amps. Any suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2075
lool 18 inch MT or elcipse TI pro's lol

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2027
Well, we'd like to but there's no way we could afford it. Remember, I'm still redoing my system, and I just bought new rims, lol.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2077
hah damn, how much you lookin to spend?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2030
Not sure. Not a ton though. We can do everything for free pretty much, my friend has a lot of scrap cars sitting around. Only things we're really gonna have to buy are subs and amps. Of course we're gonna need the bank of batteries and wiring too...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2084
how about a parthenon, just do that lol

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 934
I take it you're going to be running these subs in a "wall" infinite baffle, right?

How bout 4 Atlas 15's IB with the high Qts setting.

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/Atlas%2015.htm

You'd only need 1000(250 ea) watts to get those puppies going.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 115
the Ava's get louder at low freq's you might want to try those instead. More Spl there :P. Same site

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2348
Hey Fishy and Pharoh I was thinking right along the same lines as you guys as soon as I started reading this lol! Hey Nick how about 4-atlas 15's run with a JBL 1200.1 at 1ohm:-) that would SLAM! I have my avalanche in a jeep cherokee , systems in those cars sound very good.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 941
That amp would probably kill those Atlas IB. After reading a bit, Ascendant only recommends 200 watts each free air. 2 Avalanche 18's IB might work. Not sure how they'd do in an Infinite baffle although for 2 speakers of that size the well sealed rear of a Cherokee might just be considered a "large" enclosure.

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/Avalanche%2018%20sealed%20enclosure%20recommendati ons.htm

:-)

-Fishy

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
sounds like an aweseome idea
i get dealer pricing on alot of car audio products, if u want i can get you almost whatever you need...jus tryin to make it cheaper/easier for ya

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2355
yeah when I recomended that I didnt know he was going to be running an IB set-up. I would do 4-atlas 15's in a slot ported tuned to like 50htz with the JBL 1200.1 :-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2038
Well guys, they don't have to be infinite baffel. We really only built the wall to seperate the back and seal everything up. We're gonna build custom enclosures for the subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us