Archive through August 19, 2004

Pardon me if this is a over-asked for item:
Where can I find the wiring diagram for a sony cdx-3100 head unit?

thanks,

Jason

I,ve got a technics SU9200 pre amp from about 1978. It's got a massive hum on both channels and I'd realy like a schematic dia to sort it out. thanks

PLEASE????!? can anyone find a wiring diagram for a sony cdxL550X car stereo for my kid Thank you for your help
breeze@access995.com

Has anyone out there got a wiring diagram for a Pioneer KEH-P7450?

hey there i have a 92 honda civic and the previous owner put in a aftermarket tape deck and now i want to put my cd player in it but they butchered the female factory wirering harness so if someone can help me with a wirering dieagram so that i can hard wire my pioneer to the car it would be great thanks

Anonymous
where can i find a wiring diagram for a pioneer deh-12 cd player? and i also need to look at the wiring harness in the back of the cd player.

need diagram for a vrx925vd bad.HELP

i need a wiring diagram for a pioneer deh-225 cd player i am trying to hook it up to my 95 s-10 please help!

For Sony manuals, take a look in here

http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp

Regards

Anonymous
i need a wiring diagram for a 95 ford contour to put in a cd player and i ripped out the old stereo and cut all the wires and need to know what goes where.

were can i find a wiring diagram for a pioneer beh6300 cd player?

anyone know where i can get a wiring harness for a Pioneer DEH-12 ??

i am trying to put new sony cd player in this old 87 ninty eight oldsmobile. i need a wire diagram for the harness that comes in the box to wire it to the cars wirwes. i got sound and it works but the power wires are messed up and i justneed somthin to look at or any help! PLEASE! e mail me at RideHardBMX@msn.com

Where can I find a wiring diagram for a Sony cdx-c710 car stereo.
Thanks
Pat

INSTALLGUY
DONT THINK SONY IS DIFFERANT THAN OTHERS IF NOT

GRAY=RIGHT FRONT+
GRAY/BLACK=RIGHT FRONT-
WHITE=LEFT FRONT+
WHITE/BLACK=LEFT FRONT-
GREEN=LEFT REAR+
GREEN/BLACK=LEFT REAR-
PURPLE=RIGHT REAR+
PURPLE=RIGHT REAR-
BLACK=GROUND
RED=IGN+
YELLOW=BATT+
BLUE=ANT/AMP REMOTE
ORANGE=DASH LIGHTS

Anonymous
i need to know if any one knows what the correct stereo wires on a 92 honda civic are. all help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

signed,
frustrated

Anonymous
HI I've got a Pioneer KEH-7836zh tape player with a Pioneer GZX-4344A Cd player and they all join up into a big plug. Now it was for a HONDA im not sure which model or year but I was wondering if you could give me a wiring diagram for the plug so i could connect it to my G/F Nissan Pulsar.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

derek graft
whats the audio wiring diagram for a 89 lincoln?

What would the wire diagram for a 91 Camaro RS look like??

Does anyone now the wiring diagram for a Sony CDX-4000X?

Can anyone tell me how to hook up a cd player in my '99 s-10? i have one in there now, but there are only lke 8 wires coming ot of it. I have a pioneeer right now and i am putting a kenwood in there.

Anonymous
I HAVE A SONY 27" CABLE READY T.V. W/CABLE, A SONY STR-DE595 RECEIVER, A SONY SLV-D300P DVD/CD, VHS PLAYER AND A PS2. I NEED A EASY TO UNDERSTAND WIRING DIAGRAM. I SEEM TO BE ABLE TO HOOK ALL UP EXCEPT I CANNOT GET A VHS PICTURE, (SOUND ONLY), AND I CANNOT SEEM TO PLAY THE T.V. THROUGH THE SOUND SYSTEM...............HELP!

zacdavis
walk through your system and inspect all your connections carefully, be sure that you are using "out" and "in" properly. this is crucial, in addition, the problem with you hearing but not seeing any picture is probably due to a poor rca or an out of place(yellow)rca. you really don't need our help, just have patience and double checkit as you go. but if you still run into probs, i will help you, e-mail me at zacdavis@sbcglobal.net

Steven T
i took an old piorneer deck out of my oldsmobile and im trying to put a kenwood deck in but i cant figure out which speaker wire is which can you help?

Anonymous
i have a 94 civic and the previous owner mangled the female wiring harness so that there are only single wires now and i was tryin to put in a road gear deck but cant find the right wires to match up .......if sumone knows plz msg me b4 i break the thing..

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a nissan pulsar n15 need it for a car alarm. Please send it asap!!!!!!!!!!!!

the12volt.com has a database of vehicle wiring color codes for stereo, alarm, and cruise control.

Can anyone find a diagram for a pioneer DEH-345 cd player for my car because someone slottered the wiring harness in the car thanx

color codes are often the same for various companies.
yellow = +12 battery
red = ignition
orange = illumination
black = ground
blue = remote trigger
blue/white = pwr antenna
white = LF+
white/black = LF-
grey = RF+
grey/black = RF-
green = LR+
grn/blk = LR-
violet = RR+
vio/blk = RR-

otherwise, check with the manufacturer for color codes.

Unregistered guest
I need wiring diagram for Clarion drb4475 cd player,can any one help?

Unregistered guest
I need wiring diagram for Clarion drb4475 A 1998 model can anyone help? Timmyk58@yahoo

Unregistered guest
I need Stereo wiring diagram for 1994 Honda Civic Dx (stock). Can anyone please help?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 368
jeff,
www.the12volt.com

look at the menus on the left of the page.
go to the Metra Vehicle guides.
they are wiring color codes for cars, based on year, make, and model.

if the car had the factory harnesses still, just use a wiring kit.

Unregistered guest
I want to put a new Cd player into my Honda Civic 1992. Please help me by providing wiring diagram.

Thanks a lot in advance
Frustated Soul

Anonymous

www.installdr.com

Anonymous

could anyone please help, i have a pioneer DEH 434 R CD PLAYER WHICH I TOOK OUT OF MY OLD CAR BUT HAVE NO WIRING DIAGRAM TO REPLACE IT INTO MY NISSAN PRIMERA

PLEASE HELP
THANKS

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 882
for the Nissan, get wiring harnesses so you don't need to cut any wires.
for the Pioneer, download the manual from pioneer's website.
their color codes are mostly the same for their head units.

Username: Ayjay

Post Number: 1
Can someone please tell me what the wire colours are for a stereo install in an 88 model Holden Astra ?
I just pulled out the old stereo and want to put in a new stereo.

Unregistered guest
Hello can anyone help me i iom installing my deck and i need to know which color rca cables go to the amp i lost my manual it is a clarion dxz835mp

Unregistered guest
I need to know the wiring diagram for my 2001 s-10 xtreme blazer. I have the bose system and I need to know which wires are which that go into the back of the head unit. I need to tap into them to and an RCA output for some amps, yet I don't know which wires are the Front and Rear + and -. Thanks a lot!

Unregistered guest
any one know the digram on a pioneer BP-650 graphic equalizer? or know how to find it?

Anonymous

I need Stereo wiring diagram for 1994 Honda Civic (stock). Can anyone please help?

Username: Jags

Raleigh, Nc Us

Post Number: 4
All decks are basically going to have the same wiring scheme so get a harness and just match the colors that will work for about 99% of the people on here.

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 35
Ok guys the scheme that GlassWolf gave you is the wiring for pretty much all new recievers. Also usually it will say somewhere on the reciever what the wires are.

Also for the wires coming out of the dash usually the scheme will be on the deck coming out, unless it's really old.

When im doing installations, i usually guess and check. It's all basically the same.
Black will always be negative.
Yellow is memory power (constant power),
and red is acc power or ignition (so the reciever turns on when ignition is on).
In older cars i have seen yellow and red switched so experiment.
Also there will usually be an orange or orange w/white strip, thats illumination, or backlight. So your reciever dims when you turn the lights on.
There may also be another wire for power antenna, usually blue. I may be forgetting something, others cars have more wires.

but the rest are most likely speakers. I use a simple way to find out which is for which speaker without a scheme. Just us a AA battery. Connect the postive and negative of the speaker on the battery, doesn't matter that the positive is on the positive or vice versa negative. It will make a scraching noise, so you can isolate which speaker those wires are for, don't worry won't harm your speakers. Do that for all four, or six and you can figure out which wires go to which speaker.

Good Luck

JJ Breeding
Unregistered guest
have a pioneer deh 245 and i need to put it into a 73 chevy half ton. need harness instructions. please help...

Thomas Barefoot
Unregistered guest
I need a wiring diagram for a pioneer head unit model number DEH-230, I'm trying to install it into to my car and am having one hell of a time without the diagram. I need it as soon as possible, Thanx.

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, I'm lookin for wiring diagram for pioneer deh-15 cd player.
If you guys know what is it or how to find it, please email me at Edgars@comcast.net

Javier G
Unregistered guest
Here's something common for sony cd receivers

Black wire: Ground (negative)
Red wire: Accessory Power (switched)
Yellow wire: Constant Power (memory power)
Sky Blue wire: Interface cable of a car telephone
Blue/White wire: Amp remote wire (signal always live)
Solid Blue: Power Antenna Remote wire

For the speaker wiring:

White wire: Left Front speaker
Gray wire: Right Front speaker
Green wire: Left Rear speaker
Purple wire: Right Rear speaker

Username: Walls56649

Intl Falls, MN Usa

1999 Chevy Tahoe: I put in a Alpine head unit with Scosche harness - nowspeakers in rear door don't work, other 4 work fine. Anybody have a diagram so I can see what's going on?

Username: Tub

hey does anyone know the color codes for sony xplode???

Username: Walls56649

Intl Falls, MN Usa

Post Number: 2
the sony explode has the same colors as are listed in the above forums.

Unregistered guest
If you still need it, I can scan and Email you the original guide. Send an email with
"pioneer 345" as the subject (I will no it is no spam)
to: bardavid@bezeqint.net

Anonymous

can anyone help find a wiring diagram for a sony cdx5000r cd player. i have a yellow wire, solid blue wire, sky blue wire, blue white wire and a white wire all other wire are speaker can anyone help thanks andy

Anonymous

ok I have a 350 Watt Kenwood amp, and a Mtx 350 watt amp, with two twelve inch Type E subs, and a Monster Capacitor, how do I hook all of this up??? My email is Cotton_boy@hotmail.com, thanks

Unregistered guest
Hello,
I need some help locating a wiring diagram for my old Sony car audio deck model XR-7400.
TIA
Peter

Unregistered guest
i am requesting a wiring diagram for what color wires do what on a 1989 honda accord dx any info will be appreciated thanx

Anonymous

I am trying to install an older pioneer cd player in my son's car. It is a 1986 Toyota corolla. I printed off the radio wiring diagram for this car from a web site, but the colors of the wires they say do not match what I have in the car. I have the harness for the pioneer system. How do I match these wires?

L
Unregistered guest
I am wondering if anyone can help me as I have a Pioneer DEH-225. I have the plastic 12 pin connector that plugs into the back but there are no wires attached to the the plug; that is, I am not sure which slot goes to which speaker, ground, etc. I have the wiring diagram but it doesn't specify which slot goes to which.

if anyone can help, please post- I have a long road trip this weekend!

Janeice
Unregistered guest
I want to know if the color codes that you have listed here for a Sony car stereo is the same for a Sony cdx-4160. If not please can someone tell me what they are so I can install this cd player in my truck. Thank you.

Username: Tyler

New London, WI USA

OK, i really need help! how do you take the wires from the head unit (front L speaker + -, Front R speaker + -) and rear speakers and such to an amp? i was thinking all you need to do is the RCA's but then the fade and balance wouldnt work on the head unit. any help would be awesome! thanks!

LiquidJackal
Unregistered guest
Hello alll but is there anyqwhere i can go so i can get diagramed pictures of what the wires on the back of the head unit are ??

Unregistered guest
I NEED a wiring diagram for a clarion dxz725. I had it in my van and now i want to put it in my 91 s10 and i cant find a diagram anywhere.....please help me

thanks

Anonymous

I have a 92 Ford Taurus LX can anybody help me out with the wiring diagram/color codes

Thanks

Ed
Unregistered guest
I need helpin installing a VW Monsoon 2002 double din with can bus cd radio in a 2001 VW single din radio slot. The old radio in the car allows the steering wheel volume control to control the radio volume. The new one does not. The old one did not appear to have can bus, unless it is called something else.

Does anyone have a pin out/color code for VW Monsoon 2001/2002/2003 radios?

Thanks

airman@mn.rr.com

Anonymous

i need the audio wiring color codes for 1992 nissan sentra

Username: Jlamb

I was given a Head unit Cd-player from a 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage. I am wanting to install this into my 1989 Chevy S-10. Does anyone know how i need to wire this, or where i can go for help? thanks.!

Unregistered guest
I have a 97 Hyundai Sonata and I installed a pioneer cd player but I relized that the old tape player was wired to the tail lights. Is there any thing I can do.

Anonymous

anyone know how to run a power wire to the cd player if the power wire to the wiring harness that is originally in the car gets fried. need help. i dont know where to get power to my head unit from another sourse of power.

Anonymous

yeah run a wire to the battery.

Jonathan fwefaf
Unregistered guest
a Normal Sony cD Deck here....
Powers on but nothing on the face plate.. will
take in cds.. its an illumination thing
There is negative dimmer, positive dimmer, and illumination coming from my ford explorer wiring... But nothing from the sony harness What do i need to connect for the face plate to fire up? plz post here or email the following address but take out the periods (spam protection) j .. w .. r .. u .. d .. l @yahoo.com

Username: Tyler

New London, WI USA

Post Number: 5
i really need a wiring diagram for a clarion EU-328A equalizer from a saab 90 or 900 (not sure) seriously need help here...cant find naything...i wanan use it in my system..thanks alot tyler2007@hotmail.com

zzipperr
Unregistered guest
anyone know the wiring colors for a 2000 f150 radio? would like to know what each wire going into radio is...thanks you can email @ hopper3_2003@yahoo.com
thanks

Unregistered guest
im in desperate need of help. im not sure how to hook my sony stereo up into my 1995 galant. i know what the colors mean for the sony wire diagram but as far as the galant, they are completely different colors and im not aware of what each color means. if anyone has a galant and knows the colors pleeease help me out. thanks

Unregistered guest
I need a the installation guide for the clarion tvx5653 tv/cd changer if any one knows which wires are which please help me

Unregistered guest
need wiring diagram for 2000 mirage, i need the diagram for the wires coming from the car. thanks

Unregistered guest
hey everyone... i would really appreciate it if someone found time 2 help me find what colours what for a 1990 ford ranger.. i just opened it up n cut the factory harnesses n now am lost... please please help me !!!!!

Username: Jlamb

Mitsubishi wiring diagram: http://installdr.com/Harnesses/Mitsubishi-Wiring.pdf

Ford Wiring Diagram: http://installdr.com/Harnesses/Ford-Wiring.pdf

Unregistered guest
Hope someone has a clue here! I have a Pioneer DEH=12 CD Player. It powers up and you can change radio stations, the cd's track correctly but I am getting zero sound. The speakers are hooked up correctly, the fader and balance are both set in the middle. Maybe a ground issue??????? Help!!!!!!!

Username: Yoozy

Manchester, Lancs England UK

anyone now the wires for the two passenger doors on a 98 suburban [middle seat row] . fronts work so do the ones in the back but since i put aftermarket cd in no sound from these ?

Unregistered guest
i recently bought a used sony cdx-m610 and installed it into a nissan. the unit seems to be in good condition until i started using it. the unit wil work for a few minutes and then the sound will immediately die. im just wondering what's wrong with it.. any help?

Unregistered guest
i have a legacy in car dvd player does any one have a wirering diagrham if so please email it to me thanks stevo

Unregistered guest
I have a 83 Chrysler lebaron Town & country and want to replace the car radio with a similar unit (but 84 model)I found on Ebay. Wiring is totally different.
Car side has 3 weired shaped plugs with 10 wires (6+2+2), radio side has 2 flat plugs with 14 wires (7+7). Can anyone help me with wiring codes for the car side?

Unregistered guest
I've got a 1993 Toyota Celica GTS with an old Fujitsu Ten head unit in it. Said head unit has a connector with 14 wires, plus an antenna and some other similar-looking cable that plugs in right next to the antenna. The 14 wires go to a 220 watt amp that powers the 10 seperate speakers.

All of this was installed when I got the car, and the Toyota label is plasted all over everything.

I've recently come into posession of a Pioneer 3600 head unit, and can't help but notice it has 14 wires coming off of its connection as well.

Herein lays the problem. The colors of the Toyota-installed wiring is completely off the wall. I can't find any wiring diagrams for any Fujitsu Ten head units that seem anything similar to mine.

The wires are seperated into two groups. One has a Black/White, Green/Gray wire, a Red/Gray wire, a Blue/Red/Gray wire, a White/Green wire, a Pink/Blue wire and a Black/Red wire.

The other group has a Yellow, Black, White, Red, Brown, Blue and Green wire.

I've tried to find wiring schematics for this Fujitsu head unit everywhere to no avail.

The model number is as follows: CD-1634TL1b
Manufactured in June 1993

I don't suppose anyone out there would be able to lend a hand in helping me out? I'd really appreciate it.

-Bret

Unregistered guest
Ive just installed a JVC CD Deck into my lancer/mirage. All the wires connect to the deck, except the two wires that were for the light in the factory deck. The deck now works, but my display light for the dash is gone. Does any1 know where these two wires must go. Need help as i cant see how fast im going at night!!!!

Cheers
Peter

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Post Number: 202
Bret this should help you out. You may have to figure out the speaker wires your self but this should go for your power wires.

color codes are often the same for various companies.
yellow = +12 battery
red = ignition
orange = illumination
black = ground
blue = remote trigger
blue/white = pwr antenna
white = LF+
white/black = LF-
grey = RF+
grey/black = RF-
green = LR+
grn/blk = LR-
violet = RR+
vio/blk = RR-

otherwise, check with the manufacturer for color codes.

P.S. Sorry for borrowing your post Glass I didn't feel like typing all that.

Sara Frappier
Unregistered guest
I need wiring diagram for 2001 Honda Civic Ex Head unit...Please?!

Unregistered guest
I need a wiring diagram for a Clarion DRX62756v
plz email me drunkentimmy@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
Hi

I'm looking for information on how to connect my new Pioneer dehp5650 head deck to my Nissan Primera 1995 model.I have colour codes for the head deck but need wiring colours for the car.

PuffEnuf
Unregistered guest
Hey... I'm having the same problem as Peter.. See, I know how to hook up the stereo, everything is fine with that. But one wire for my dash lights, and one wire for my dome light used to run into my old deck and now I don't know what to do with them. If ou can help, please email me. jonathan_poffenroth@hotmail.com
Thanks a million.

Username: Rdsi

I see multiple people asking about wiring colors, can anyone tell me the Pin out configuration for a Pioneer DEH-245? I bought a 12 pin plug and apparently it is not configured for this player. when I wired it to my vehicle and plugged it in, it made a loud popping noise in the speakers and nothing else. So if someone can tell me the pin confiuration I will wire it according to that instead of colors.

Anonymous

wire diaGRAM FOR fORD f150 2001 stock cd/stero

ron d
Unregistered guest
WIRE DIAGRAM FOR FORD F150 2001 SOCK CD/STERO E-MAIL ME PLEASE AT john3628@AOL.COM THANX

CARNALES
Unregistered guest
I NEED A WIRING DIAGRAM FOR A PAIR OF DUAL VOICE COIL OVER ALPINE TYPE R SPEAKERS. TRYING TO GET BEST SOUND POSSIBLE.

Anonymous

- Have a '99 Tahoe w/ six speaker setup.
- Pulled factory unit (w/ slave CD) to install Pioneer DEH-P4500MP head unit.

- Front door & rear *overhead* speakers work fine.
- Rear *door* speakers are dead.

## I've read the blue factory antennae wire fix, but there is NO blue wire hanging around the stereo box of the dash.

- Used GM color code chart to ID front and "rear" (don't know which "rear" - doors or overhead) speaker wire in Tahoe's harness.

- There are two wire on the Tahoe harness that do not match up to the head unit's harness -- dark green/black & dark green.
** Anyone know what they are used for? **

Lastly, need a wiring diagram or advice on making the rear door speakers work without running new wire.

THANKS!

Unregistered guest
I need a manual and wiring diagram for a pioneer deh-225 car cd player,any help,e-mail me at don396@hotmail.com,thank you

Da Juice
Unregistered guest
Here's the deal for almost all 12-pin Pioneer CD players:

The wiring is all standard colors EXCEPT the main power...

ORANGE = +12 battery (this is normally yellow)
red = ignition
black = ground
blue = remote trigger
green = LF+
green/black = LF-
grey = RF+
grey/black = RF-
grey/red = LR+
grey/black = LR-
green/red = RR+
green/black = RR-

(I just wired my DEH-345 into an '89 Honda Accord today)

Unregistered guest
HI ..I HAVE AN OLDER SONY CDX-L550X HEAD UNIT AND IM TRYIN TO WIRE IT ..BUT THE WIRING HARNESS HAS THE TWO ORANGE WIRES (ILLUMINATION,DIMMER)BUT THE STEREO DOES NT HAVE ORANGE WIRES FOR THEM...THERE IS ONLY A BLUE WIRE FOR THE POWER ANT LEFT AND A BLUE AND WHITE WIRE WHICH I DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS AND A SKY BLUE WIRE LEFT WHICH I ALSO DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS .. CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

Unregistered guest
Anyone know the color scheme for the radio for 1993 subaru legacy. Much appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I have Pioneer PB-650 Power amplifier and I would like to conect with a Pioneer DEQ-9200. Does someone have a wiring diagram for this PB-650 ? Thanks.

Unregistered guest
I need a wiring diagram for a 1998 Nissan Sentra. I'm trying to install a 12-disc CD Changer. I appreciate any help.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us